18th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

lel

tassina and Core like this.
  2. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

"After i49, the people who were not recording the Chucklefish exhibit were found dead in their homes the next day. More on this story in a minute."

tassina, Silver86 and Core like this.
  3. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

If an unreleased game doesn't have bugfixes for it, I'd be pretty worried.

4. TheKlu

TheKlu Phantasmal Quasar

Nice!

Prymael likes this.
  5. Ishiga-san

Ishiga-san Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Despite everyone saying every post about the "beta being near", I've not once gotten that indication from these. They keep talking about the completeness of the features but from the sound of it, they aren't all assembled in the proper order of acquisition. That part take just as much time as making the core components itself and frankly this is doing a lot to abate the hype for me. Now I don't say that in any real negative light to be honest. It's easing my over-excitement for the game.

I really only ever come to the site to catch up on these updates and keep my comments to myself but this one felt sound enough to make public.

tassina, Prymael and Alpha_Squad like this.
  6. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I suppose we must keep in mind that conventional Beta's are for bug fixes and balancing solely. While Star Bound will have more addition content added in its Beta it is now, during the Alpha, that most of the content will be added. Though of course most people don't understand this because of how other developer's defined Betas and Alphas differently then what they actually are.

Likewise, with a few others have been saying, the Beta is not that near regardless of what Tiy said. If Chucklefish isn't confident enough to let other people preview their game at i49 and are still tweaking the first of many bosses then they aren't that close to being done.

7. Rex Chestington

Rex Chestington Star Wrangler

*puts on reading glasses*

"Every tier will introduce one major gameplay changing feature, many of which are almost done.
    It also adds a bunch of new items, armors, etc. All of which are already done."

Are people claiming beta isn't for another 3 months reading the same thing as me?

Also - They're spending time polishing tier 1, agreed. But that's just because that's what the Yogscast is going to play on i49 (for a maximum of 2 hours)
    Of course they want that stuff to work. It's basically their test flight! Maiden voyage if you will.

Does that mean nothing else except tier 1 is finished? *looks at above quoted text*

I hardly think so kid, see! *njah* .... see.... *smokes pipe in self praising*

Prymael likes this.
  8. ClockworkDreams

ClockworkDreams Big Damn Hero

I happen to find bug fixes rather entertaining! I wish you guys the best of luck at i49 and hope that all goes well!

tassina and Prymael like this.
  9. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My...God... :eek:

Bug Fixes...i49...dat quote...it's all coming together :DD!!!

10. Lord Hatty

I feel like that's some strange form of sado masochism... But whatever, more power to you!

Tiy, you're such a tease :rolleyes: Now everyone thinks that this is gonna be an i49 release
    I'm hoping september, but expecting mid-october.
    Anyways, still thank you for the update and I really hope that I'm wrong. :p

11. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

Not everyone relies on their community as much as Bethesda, some developers actually do their job.
    (To clarify, I'm just putting Bethesda in the burn ward, not attacking you. I found your post funny but I love taking the piss out of Bethesda after Fallout 3.)

tassina and Prymael like this.
  12. Jackorias

Jackorias Subatomic Cosmonaut

Man o.e considering what bug fixes they've been ironing out the game wouldn't even be playable, would you want a game where your characters never saved to be released :rofl: ?

Svarr Chanston, tassina and Prymael like this.
  13. ClockworkDreams

ClockworkDreams Big Damn Hero

I am a programmer, so bug hunting and squashing is something i am both used to and find comforting. Hopefully that clears it up a little. :rofl:

14. HelloKinky

HelloKinky Void-Bound Voyager

Will the Public Showing be recorded or only for people physically there? I'd love to see it posted on the site

tassina likes this.
  15. Lord Hatty

I do believe that it will be streamed by Yogscast on the Yogscast channel. But I might be wrong on that.

tassina likes this.
  16. EastBayWilly

EastBayWilly Title Not Found

Yogscast is going to ruin another good game? Great...

17. S'now Face-Chamcham

S'now Face-Chamcham Master Chief

[InsertCharacterNameHere] has left the library, [insertname] has been saved.

Baku Vicen, tassina and yoshibaby21 like this.
  18. yoshibaby21

yoshibaby21 Master Chief

Dat doctor who reference though

tassina likes this.
  19. Prymael

Prymael Big Damn Hero

http://insomniagamingfestival.com/news/i49/page/3/ This is what's posted over on the i49 news page. "...and live streamed on YouTube by some of the biggest global broadcasters in Machinima."

tassina and Core like this.
  20. Lord Hatty