18th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

maybe it's because you want to know what parts of your game have been fixed, for example if there's a really cool feature you can't access because of a bug you'd be pretty pissed, and if that bug got fixed, you'd find out by looking at a list of bug fixes

2. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

Starbound, Leonidas approves!

King Leonidas likes this.
  3. samufel

samufel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Remember the old one? All the monster's parts flying in the air upon death? I prefered that one .

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  4. Kirallia

Kirallia Void-Bound Voyager

I wanna make my log cabin from eyeball trees..... mmh.. wonder if you did if eyeballs would appear on the walls and stare at you.. also yey bug fixes!

5. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

No tyi update... No bartwe or omni streaming.... I feel like something BIG gonna hapen

Svarr Chanston, Prymael and tassina like this.
  6. oblivion5683

oblivion5683 Big Damn Hero

hat to brak yo bublee butt nufin biggs ish goanne hapen

Duke, Prymael and tassina like this.
  7. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

I did nothing to recieve that cain of response with such a bad langue so I ignore you right away

8. oblivion5683

im sorry, that was uncalled for. i was just playing around. in all seriousness though, tiy, molly, omni, bart. pretty much every dev, has already said that the beta is not going to be out until a signifigcant amount of time after insomnia (if you didnt know thats a minecraft convention starbound is going to be showed at) i would guess at least a month, probably 2.

King Leonidas, Prymael and tassina like this.
  9. black_dog

black_dog Aquatic Astronaut

when did they say that?

oblivion5683 and tassina like this.
  10. oblivion5683

i honestly dont remember exactly where, but i do know it was said, i belive tiy MIGHT have said it in one of the updates.

tassina likes this.
  11. rewjeo

rewjeo Big Damn Hero

IIRC one of the devs said something like, "You'll know as soon as we do, so unless we spontaneously decide to release the Beta while we're onstage, there won't be a beta announcement at i49." Which does imply that we won't have the beta for at least a little while after i49.

Prymael, Duke and tassina like this.
  12. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

They're only just finishing up tier 1 now, and while the other tiers are already significantly done, it will still take a long time. So I agree, beta will still take a while. If the beta didn't have that many tiers in it, it would be incredibly short and almost feel like a demo, then all the people complaining about it taking too long will complain about it being released too early, and that will just be a complete slap to the face.

tassina and Duke like this.
  13. Duke

Duke Big Damn Hero

I'm just ready for beta at any time if it's planned to be released. Mainly, I'm ready for the game! It's a good thing we've got patience, however. :D

tassina and Prymael like this.
  14. anthorock

anthorock Orbital Explorer

They said they had larger updates coming after the i49 (as molly said in the 14th august update: "after next weekend’s expo things will start to pick up with more interesting updates again."). Who knows? Maybe those "interesting updates" could be related to the Beta and details about when it will come out...?

It's the guess I have for now, but we won't know until next week.

15. Shinjica

Shinjica Guest

After the initial update, the other start to became more boring and the majority was something like "bug fix here, bug fix there, random image, bla bla ble. Let's hope in something better

16. Bearpop-o-opolis

Bearpop-o-opolis Void-Bound Voyager

Is there another update coming... I'm so tired. Maybe id i wish for the moon ill end up in Starbound.

17. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

MOAR UPDATES PLS

=]

18. Zookz

Zookz Star Wrangler

Wow, now I will forever laugh at this same thing for said reason.

Still, I almost feel like I should stop reading these updates. They get me so excited for the game, but have that excitement quickly diminish as I realize the beta will be out Soon™.

19. Reynbowz

Reynbowz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did I read this correctly?
    DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS O__O

Duke and Svarr Chanston like this.
  20. Leak

Leak Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, it means they're in a great position to finish up the game IN THE COMING MONTHS...