17th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 18, 2013.

1. KesTro

KesTro Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, since everyone else seems to be 'just kidding' about it. I'll be the one to say it. You guys are losing hype with other games of the same nature coming out and being updated. If you don't want ot fall into obscurity rather than adding loads and loads and loads of extra little things you may want to get a working beta out to people and then deliver more content from that. I've waited too long for this game to see the hype just die and at this rate it may very well be heading down that path.

KrazedPsyko, who885 and Pingeh like this.
  2. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

Stack ALL the furniture!

Belgoliad likes this.
  3. EnigmaticExplorer

EnigmaticExplorer Void-Bound Voyager

4. Renaxz

Renaxz Void-Bound Voyager

now we can smack more bugs than just technical ones, flies are gonna fit that role perfectly !! :D

5. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm surprised they are adding alcohol to the game, considering they lightened up other aspects to make it kid friendly? They do know if you have reference to booze its an automatic Teen rating right? Not that I'm complaining I'm just a bit baffled at it.

6. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

I think when they said they made it more 'kid friendly,' they simply removed excessive gore.
    There was a threat a while back that confirmed that there was originally some.. Overly graphic stuff in some of the dungeon design.
    And personally, I'm all for alcohol!

7. JagBlack

JagBlack Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bring out the fly swatters boys... We've got an infestation!

8. Dubble Trouble

Dubble Trouble Void-Bound Voyager

How many Daily Update replies are gonna read "gives us beta" in different ways? Start banning accounts already.

Oh, yes, you are the first to say this. No one else before has said that they need to do this. Thank you for your originality and forward thinking on the state of affairs. Where would we be without your brilliant leadership?

...sarcasm aside, if you are -genuinely- worried about the hype dying down go make some. Oh, wait, that requires actual effort and not just complaining. My bad. I'll just let you continue the melodramatics like everyone else around here.

On Topic: As unlikely as I would normally think it to be, the fact that they are packing so much into the game makes me hope Molotov cocktails will be a reality. Nice to hear that the bandits will indeed drop clothing. Now we can cross giant fly off the checklist of things Starbound doesn't have yet. Depending on how talented people are/how possible it really is I hope someone -does- make the sprite for the boss Baxter Stockman at some point. Might have to beg a turtle race out of Chucklefish for it to be truly legit though.

9. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

i'd like to think that fly is many times larger than the player. needs a banana for reference.

10. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

I am ready
    [​IMG]

Ferrettomato, *Teo and who885 like this.
  11. TheKlu

TheKlu Phantasmal Quasar

Woow i like all that! :3

12. Zinrius

Zinrius Astral Cartographer

Talk about BUZZ FEED!

HAHAHAhHAHAhAHHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!...

13. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

Short but sweet......I like the fly I do hope there bigger than average though.......In fact I hope there is an entire planet dedicated to massive bugs, a bit like honey I shrunk the kids sort of style :p

KrazedPsyko and Dubble Trouble like this.
  14. GermoDante

GermoDante Void-Bound Voyager

Thats all super ultra cool, but... beta?

15. Sledve

Sledve Astral Cartographer

Since the devs are really cool, how about some self-irony in the actual game like... the "Disbelief-Of-Beta-Release"-Cult.
    you know... that cult in an actual beta... refering to some talk in the forum. haha. so funny. :V
    money is good, bombs are better, whiskey sums both up, but i have a problem with clothes. after whiskey.
    and i want to give my appreciation to yesterdays update, that horse mech looks good (both), but i couldnt write laying naked on the floor. :seriously:

dont kill me

clevernamegoeshere likes this.
  16. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    NOOO NOT THE FLIES!! NOT THE FLIIIEESSSS!!!!! AAAAAAGGGHHH!!

Cardbo likes this.
  17. Gruntdonttoot

Gruntdonttoot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think I got my fix of bugs.
    [​IMG]
    Duh Dum Tish! :rofl:

18. Johan

Johan Phantasmal Quasar

They promise a COMPLETE release in 2013, but not was real

19. Minihax

Minihax Pangalactic Porcupine

I know that, I meant in gaming. Besides, I don't hate bats.:catface: