17th March - Beam me up!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 17, 2015.

1. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Why would there be any? They don't have to copy the exact tile set Planet Centauri is using, it's just a really good example......there are many ways to do that and beyond that their very own tile set that they use for spaceships is already pretty awesome.......sure a mod makes it available to us but CF owns it, they created it, so why wouldn't they allow us to use it ourselves in the main game?

I really don't see any sense behind your "legal matters" comment at all.

2. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Wow, I really like that this will be implemented.

3. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I hope there are some impediments to just connecting every planet in the universe together. Without having tested it myself, it just seems too easy.

As much as it is a problem that the whole Spaceship mechanic negates players from ever establishing "permanent" settlements anywhere, I fear for this making that very unique experience of aimlessly wandering around space obsolete.

I was thinking of maybe having some sort of price to teleporting, in certain cases. To bring back something ZallCaTor brought up a while ago:

I'll have to see how they feel in-game, though, to have a coherent thought over this.

4. Gnardak

Gnardak Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm, I wonder if the teleporters would have to be tiered.

If they made them expensive then they wouldn't be available until late game / if they made some available early game then they'd be cheap enough for you to spam them everywhere in the late game.

So maybe they would have to tier them so that each tier of teleporters is more expensive and hardened to survive on increasingly harsh planets. 1st tier of teleporter wouldn't work without oxygen, 2nd tier would work without oxygen, 3rd tier would be hardened against radiation etc.

5. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

There could probably be a system where you could choose a preset way to upgrade your ship, or upgrade your ship by building the individual parts of the ship.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  6. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Allowing us to build our own custom ship in some way would be the best but my comment on the tile sets went beyond that.....to allow us to build smooth and nice looking stuff on planets too......but yes I do agree that any sort of custom ship system would be more than welcome in the game.....or at the very least have more ship designs for us to choose from, maybe put a selection in during the character creation or something if they can't find a custom ship system they want to implement for us.

7. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

For me, I'd probably choose the preset way, but on the other hand, if you get the macroscopic pieces of the ship, (take for example, the first spatial upgrade to your ship behind the teleporter.) You can decide wherever you'd like it.

8. Arlei

Arlei Void-Bound Voyager

I love the "Galaxy gate" thing LOVE IT. beautiful art

9. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

That's exactly why I liked the Planetside Teleporters mod... it sped up navigating around a single planet, but it didn't make everything everywhere everywhere you've been connected. You still needed to use your spaceship to travel from planet to planet between planets you've been to. Honestly, I think teleporting between planets is too much, or at least should be a separate teleporting 'tier' at end game.

Edit: clarity tweaks.

Titanium likes this.
  10. Bibiki

Bibiki Orbital Explorer

It would be really cool if you could randomly find these underground BUT, when you enter you get an RNG dungeon/instance with RNG strength mobs and a mini-boss. Would make the game bigger in another type of dimension.

OR is this what your are doing here already?

11. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Oh? Do you have a link to that mod's page?

12. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

It's an outdated mod, from before the Big Update. That's why I miss it. ^^