15th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 16, 2013.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

mkay two things:
    first, how much longer till you can start beta/alpha testing for us that per-ordered.
    secondly, perhaps as a countdown to the beta/game release you can start showing clips from the intro's and some game-play as an official trailer.

2. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

its the gastropods i hated the most though wraiths were very annoying because they float through your house and kill your npcs while you are storing stuff and i hated the corruptors because if you were in corruption for a little bit but then left with it still following it would corrupt everything

3. AdenSword

i thought stalker2 got banned he is still out there?

4. AdenSword

if pvp is on then yes you will hurt friends but if you turn pvp off you cannot hurt friends

also they have not confirmed pickaxes (or have they?) so 2 people mining would use the hand held mining contraction thingamajig

5. AdenSword

well by small-medium and medium-large he might have meant 5%-20% and 20%-35% of your health (i know my numbers are not right but im just guessing)

Charlesxndr likes this.
  6. Raunchy

Raunchy Aquatic Astronaut

I would suggest something like 'diminishing returns' in World of Warcraft.

7. xland44

xland44 Aquatic Astronaut

Doesn't matter had news.

8. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

Wouldn't be a bad idea if the various lengths are just applied to the player I suppose. If it were applied to mobs it would seem to me that they would punish players that had a fast, powerful weapon.

9. AdenSword

well in terraria the mobs are not affected by the invincibility i actually cannot think of a game where mobs are affected by invincibility

10. Von Marlon

Von Marlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Would be nice to have animations for the stunned effects. Like falling to knees or lying face down for example for the longer stun. Would add a lot more to the feel of the action I think than the normal flashy instant paralysis you normally see.

Basically I just want to see people getting knocked for 6 through the air and landing on their face when I go smashy smashy with my mallet.

aljam and 13SithDeceiver13 like this.
  11. paulo27

paulo27 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In Minecraft mobs are affected and players aren't.

12. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wanted to plan something similar, with a slight twist because I didn't know if something exactly like Mindcrack or Hunger Games would have worked on Starbound, but apparently it does! I'll still try and do that anyway! (though I never posted it because it doesn't fit in any forum section)

13. Hooveh

Hooveh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1 - Have you noticed the fact that they're... y'know... AVOIDING SPEAKING OF RELEASE DATES? Those that pre-ordered*** were not promised anything other than the fact that the game will be out "soon". Most likely this year.
    2 - They don't want to spoil anything, visually-speaking. Plus, any sort of trailer would almost require a release date, and even if it didn't, it would still imply that the game is very near completion.

The only other generic question you could have asked would have been "WERE ROAD MAP???????PLZ"

***It is spelled "pre-ordered", believe it or not.

14. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Optimization FTW!!! :DD

Also yes please to the PvP Streaming! :viking:

(1,000 Pixels on Rho winning! :up:)

15. Gumdrop Meadowz

Gumdrop Meadowz Cosmic Narwhal

I know you guys made some good money and you feel you need to show that to the extreme, but I would not be upset in the slightest if you guys took a beach day. We all know you deserve it!

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. SpaceDispenser

SpaceDispenser Orbital Explorer

"once you die you have to dress up as a fairy"
    possibly the best thing I've read today.

17. akira4u

akira4u Void-Bound Voyager

Down hype..i think

18. lppx

lppx Orbital Explorer

Why not a hunger games mod in starbound?

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. ragingrhino

ragingrhino Industrial Terraformer

Indeed. Theres no use if the devs are getting overworked and/or burn-outs.

Axe Garian and aljam like this.
  20. StarshiyLeytenant

StarshiyLeytenant Cosmic Narwhal

They do take beach days. Armagon took a break a few weeks back ago, going to a resort somewhere if I recall correctly, not to mention Tiy likes to go around London a lot. There is more but you get the idea.

Axe Garian likes this.