15th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Existential Complex

Well, it's something they made up themselves. It's not like it's going to be an official gamemode or anything.

also #teammolly

2. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Big Damn Hero

still waiting for a beta there are plenty of features in ._. give us beta

braulio1984 likes this.
  3. Overlord Zoltan

Overlord Zoltan Void-Bound Voyager

Hunger Games?! You mean my morning warm-up!

aljam and DevonDe like this.
  4. WhimsySpook

WhimsySpook Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be cool if you guys added queue features to the game, such as Hunger Games type PvP scenarios. It's too hard to find a bunch of people to set up a game like that in reality, so a queue system would be amazing! :)

I know that there are Minecraft servers that are dedicated to Hunger Game type matches which you can enter and be in a match whenever you want. If chucklefish were to have dedicated servers like that, it'd be more than amazing!

5. PivotDNA

PivotDNA Orbital Explorer

You know when betas going come out? When minecon happens and they show the exclusive trailer for the game. I just feel it

6. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

If only they delayed the game for an extra day every time someone says "Beta nao, plz" The tears would be delicious.

Glad to see the updates none-the-less. Bugfixing and optimizing are never a bad thing. Personally, I'm not sure I like the different invincibility lengths based on damage done. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it actually works out.

AdenSword and Fluffy Arsonist like this.
  7. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

Wow this pvp sounds awesome!

I think there could be lots of possible pvp style skirmishes like capture the flag, or some other team objective.

8. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

Way to kick bug butt team Chucklefish. Also, during the Hunger Games does Molly get stuck with the space bow?

9. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

"pvp turned on" *_*

Dorsidwarf likes this.
  10. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:Q_______________________________________________ i love dev i love this community i love this update i love this games

11. McTurbo

McTurbo Void-Bound Voyager

I think the different invincibility lenghts are a great addition. It prevents stuff like the Eater of Worlds fight in Terraria, where the best strategy was to get good armor, lock yourself in place with blocks, grappling hook or obsidian shield, negating knockback and then swinging your melee weapon while the giant worm runs through you, dealing almost unnoticable damage. Or even worse, standing on meteorite ore (which damages you) to get the invincibility effect from that, making you take no damage from the actual boss.
    If the invincibility length scales to the damage, it means that doing something like the meteorite ore trick would be impractical, since you're taking like one damage per damage tick which wouldn't really give you that big of an invincibility effect.

12. ChadWicky

ChadWicky Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone else highlight all the lines under the last bit to see if there is a secret message? Tiy usually leaves quite a few lines :p

13. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

All daily updates is good daily updates!

14. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

That was good...so, are we there yet?

15. Remmus

Remmus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why would they wanna asosiate Starbound with a con for a game they neither help make nor would gain from being connected with.

Its clear Chucklefish want Starbound to be there crown jewel, done in there pace.

16. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Title Not Found

When the creator of a game says that, you just know its going to be epic.

17. vae

vae Void-Bound Voyager

Nice, thanks for the update. Can't wait to play the game :)

18. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

No matter how boring the update might be, its still worth it ;)

19. azarga

azarga Big Damn Hero

Stun on damage looks disturbing. Can easily lead do chain-stun situations when engaging multiple opponents. And chain-stun is quite negative thing on my list.

20. pixelmage

pixelmage Aquatic Astronaut

I think NPCs and monsters should where fairy costumes too.