15th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 16, 2013.

1. aljam

aljam Cosmic Narwhal

Videos of it in general would be enough to sate our thirst for starbound awesomeness.

Sakaru likes this.
  2. StarshiyLeytenant

StarshiyLeytenant Cosmic Narwhal

Oh but for how long? *Enter dramatic music here*

3. aljam

aljam Cosmic Narwhal

You raise a fair point to which I have to respond with "As long as I can"

4. Weegeemang

Weegeemang Pangalactic Porcupine

Magical flying devs in fairy suits!

Nedox, Jaguarkia and Samiz like this.
  5. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

I still find it absolutely awesome that the guy from bastion is doing the narration here as well. Its so magnificent.

6. Noc

Noc Guest

Flying npcs sounds awesome! :alien:

Menasor and Samiz like this.
  7. Rhondis

Rhondis Aquatic Astronaut

Awesome! Flying NPCs will be a pain in the butt though, jeez still hate those Soul eaters and Wraiths in Terraria. They were easy, but just so annoying!

8. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thanks for the update. It's exciting because having a stable build will bring us one step closer to public consumption.

Menasor likes this.
  9. VeriChip

VeriChip Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know about everyone else, but I love hearing about the coding work that is going on with the game!
    The knockback system sounds great, and I hope some fun stuff like hunger games mods makes it into the final release.

10. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Ooooh Logan, how I wish to hear your sweet , sweet voice over Starbound. ^w^

Tiy has taken the sweetcake of Old Gaming and has poured the maple syrup of great voice acting over it. I am ECSTATIC. And then Ill probably end up hurting myself :rofl:

11. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

That wouldn't work out as well as you would hope lol....not many hiding places when you can see through walls....and there is not as many places to run rather then left or right....or if aloud then down

12. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

Woot! Starbound hunger games!!!! It'd be cool if they added it as an actual feature, a hunger games mode. :DD

just before i started typing this, i looked at my alerts and discovered that a stalker is following me. literally, his username is Stalker2. :eek: help meh peeplez lol
    Well, everyone has to start at the bottom of the metaphorical Ladder Of Popularity, even if that's just 1 stalker following you. But if he IS a stalker, he doesn't know nothing about me (I hope), cause i haven't enabled any of the things that let people see personal details, so yea, in yo faces. :cool:

13. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

M'aiq the Liar? I remember that guy.... the weird cat dude in the Elder Scrolls............

14. Sythis_Sythes

Sythis_Sythes Void-Bound Voyager

Sad the update isn't a release date on my birthday, would've made the day better,lol. Still, these things need to be done, glad your doing them when most AAA developers don't seem to. (The glitches in a lot of games kinda find me all the time.)

15. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

i love how with the updates, we can see the game coming together :) of course, with a huge game there is a lot to come together, but still :D

16. ChaseNeiz

ChaseNeiz Subatomic Cosmonaut

uhhh... It feels like eternity. I want the beta :blank:

17. Lost in Nowhere

Lost in Nowhere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought all of those accounts were banned...
    Who wouldn't?

18. paulo27

paulo27 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And at very very high damage, you'll die.

Lost in Nowhere and Jaguarkia like this.
  19. paulo27

paulo27 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also, question time: How'll attack in Starbound work, like if I swing my sword to attack and enemy and a friendly/player is nearby do they all get hit? And will the same happen when people are mining next to each other? Will pickaxes attack the player who is mining in the same as you?

20. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

would be very interesting to see one of those hunger games sessions.