14th June Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man. I know what it's like for a whole team to lose a day over one bug. Congrats on fixing it!

2. TheTimeLord

TheTimeLord Existential Complex

Kyren's a Lesbian? Never would of guessed.

Anyway, the Apex look a little.. boring. More variety?

3. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The apes do all look a little blonde. I wonder if theirs a reason for that.

4. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Kyren has a wife? I like her even more now. :proper:

5. VeriChip

VeriChip Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone working on network coding? That was the weakest part of Terraria. Starbound multiplayer needs to just work without having to configure port forwarding. And I hope latency isnt an issue! Everyone wants the game to release soon, but I hope you guys make sure to setup networking right! keep up the good work looking forward to open beta

6. Ameno-Sagiri

Ameno-Sagiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lesbian is the official term for describing a romantic relationship between two females. Drop it.

On a note relating to the game, -33 C is too cold for that apartment. Maybe that's the outside temperature, and they just haven't implemented being warmer indoors/colder indoors (on hotter planets), and heaters and Air Conditioners.

They just got humanoid NPC's implemented. There will be more variety.

7. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As someone that used to dabble in code, I know how it feels when annoying code kicks you in the crotch and makes you spend hours and hours fixing it. :down:

Hopefully there won't be too many more issues with code going forward, so it can be smooth sailing until all work is done!

Aesthetic variety isn't really important when it comes to NPC behavior testing, so I wouldn't really worry about it. The screenshot was intended to show off the fact that the NPCs are clothed and can move about.

8. Vilrein

Vilrein Void-Bound Voyager

9. hylandpad

hylandpad Subatomic Cosmonaut

Question : Will being indoors change the ambient temperature?

10. Sephel

Sephel Title Not Found

Perhaps it is intentional to have similar looking Apex('s?) in the same reason. Think humans living in different countries -- they all look different (African, Hispanic, Caucasian, etc). Now imagine the same thing across galaxies. The difference in the planet's conditions would almost surely result in different genetic variations of the same species, no?
    Just my take on it :p.

11. Coolitic

Coolitic Big Damn Hero

Im pretty doubtful of that. Im pretty sure it's just one of Omni's trolls. Oh, and Omni, you cant troll anywhere near my trolling level (on the rare occasion that I go hardcore troll mode)

12. Xiss

Xiss Aquatic Astronaut

13. Remmus

Remmus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Game deving just like many things in life is a choice between quantity or quality, aiming for your list would tip things towards quality, sure there be lots of depth, but every village would have like, 5 NPC in them, tops. The main theme of the game is exploration and sandbox playing, NPC are clearly ment to be a backdrop, something there to make the world seam busy. If you want life sim...well go play the SIMS. As awesome as Starbound seams, it still has a focus and that focus is clearly exploration.

14. StarshiyLeytenant

StarshiyLeytenant Cosmic Narwhal

Is no one else seeing that the Apartment building is on a moon that looks like it has no atmosphere?

15. M0du5

M0du5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like night on an ice planet to me.

16. It looks like any screenshot Omni releases (sample from May 26th).

17. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

Depending on how real they are going with things, if it is an atmosphere free planet/moon the color would not be pink and maroon, it is suppose to be greyish like our moon.

18. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

It is, but that's only because that's the dungeon that's currently being worked on, which means it shows up on every planet to help the person working on it find it.

StarshiyLeytenant and AdenSword like this.
  19. JakeZ

JakeZ Subatomic Cosmonaut

And you say that as if people are bad if they have a different opinion on sexuality than you.
    I don't feel the need to express my opinion on that matter here, but regardless if someone thinks it's right or wrong, you have just as little right to judge someone for believing either of those as you do to judge anyone else.
    We don't live in a world where opinion is ruled by media and politics, and everyone should be free to feel what they want in regards to morality. In many cases, if you think something is wrong, or if you think it's right, it's really hard to change your mind on that, almost as if you have little to no choice in what your opinion is after you have already made it.

EDIT: In hind site, thought I'd come back and add in the bit I forgot. This place is for talking about the game, not philosophical conundrums. Anyways, great progress guys, I love seeing what you're doing, and I really hope it wont be long before we can take a look at that beta.

Sephel and AdenSword like this.
  20. BrenSage

BrenSage Pangalactic Porcupine

I see what you did there :up::D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.