14th June Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remmus

Remmus Subatomic Cosmonaut

it´s obviously a players human character in among the NPC villager of a Apex village spawn, trying to be offended is in it self offending black people, as you imply black people actively seek to be offended when no offence is made.

Heavy692 and TRU3 X V3T3R4N like this.
  2. Adell

Adell Void-Bound Voyager

It used to be rude to call people gay (like, mid naughts), but the general belief is that we've grown past that as a society. Now people being like "But that's so gay!" can get the response "So?"

Heavy692 and TRU3 X V3T3R4N like this.
  3. TRU3 X V3T3R4N

TRU3 X V3T3R4N Void-Bound Voyager

This is such a great game already, my blood is flowing backwards waiting for this to release xD

4. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

like the fish in Megamind, that one animated movie that went in theaters last year or so?

5. Viny1

Viny1 Poptop Tamer

Father what father?
    :(

6. RomyCat

RomyCat Industrial Terraformer

I feel for you with that coding. Nine hours of mind-bending frustration. Happened to me once. :down: While still new to coding, I spent all day trying to figure out why a config file was not working. It kept corrupting my whole server. Hours of frustration later, I was to the point of pulling my hair out, thinking I might have to close the server. My sister, who does NOT code, walks over and looks at my computer screen. Within a minute of glancing at the lines, she says, "Is there suppose to be a colon behind that word? I notice some other lines end in colons."

:confused: That was it. Just a missing colon. But it equaled hours of frustration. I have since learned to use a YAML parser to double check my coding before going live with it. A simple missing punctuation mark or an extra space can break a code.

Still my experience is very small next to the vast coding you are doing for Starbound. Thanks for not giving it when it gets tough. You are a star. :megusta:

7. Hooveh

Hooveh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't worry, Apex have racial traits, too-- just not Human ones. For instance, see how some of them have noses which are 1/2 an inch longer than others? Or how some of them lack hair on certain parts of their feet? I mean, you can't tell because it's pixelated, but I'm sure they're there.

My point is that it doesn't matter MATTERS GREATLY, because a couple of visual differences justly makes people angrier than the average PewDiePie fanboy which eventually figures out that their God didn't patent YouTube Let's Plays.

[DISCLAIMER: I'm not accusing you of anything, NoxiousRaven, I just needed an excuse to get my daily sarcasm over with]

8. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, sorry! <<; Well.. Who thinks what of my Npc questions?

9. SaDb0y

SaDb0y Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thinks Omni is trolling us on being Kyren a lesbian :lolwut:

10. Vin

Vin Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure on this, but i think that there are still some Apex without any pants.

11. Burnalot

Burnalot Void-Bound Voyager

I think the next update will include someone being hit with a spiked broccoli club. :viking:

12. Rhondis

Rhondis Aquatic Astronaut

I don't even think it would matter if those apes even had clothes...seeing how apes are very hairy creatures, their body hair might as well covered their whole nudity xD

13. YukiTrance

YukiTrance Big Damn Hero

I actually just got back from New Orleans. I'm about an hour more south in a somewhat south part of Terrebonne parish. :3

Too bad I went yesterday and not tomorrow. I would've had my eyes peeled for anyone resembling Kyren.

14. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

nice but they all look the same ;)

15. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

Try dynamite next time ;)

Chroma-Equinox likes this.
  16. Coolitic

Coolitic Big Damn Hero

Exactly what I'm thinking.

17. Sethusk

Sethusk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My best friend's birthday is today, Father's day tomorrow and finally my older brother's birthday on Monday, so even though I'm kind of a shut in, it's non-stop parties this weekend! Weeee, I'm gonna be exhausted :)

18. irongamer

irongamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those Apex sure like to have the thermostat turned WAY down.

19. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

-33C

Sweet, this game is going to help me learn the temperature metric system better. I'll finally have a better grasp on it. Stupid US being stuck at imperial system and all that stuff.

Endless Rain likes this.
  20. matt3214

matt3214 Orbital Explorer

Did anyone else notice that the screenshot today was taken from an XMing window? I wonder what Omni is up to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.