13th + 14th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 15, 2013.

1. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

This is so important because even though flat spaces are great for building, they aren't much fun for exploring.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work of the game and keep up the good work! :monkey:

Gears likes this.
  2. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the new sistem of terrain is interesting , now is so hard to fiand a good place to build a house i like it !!!!!! Thx molly for new update

3. Tairuse

Tairuse Subatomic Cosmonaut

I waited for SPORE for like 10 years man ridiculous.....
    worth it....

clevernamegoeshere likes this.
  4. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

10 years wow

5. Velba

Velba Space Spelunker

Oh boy, that looks like fun!

6. lyrael_rayne

lyrael_rayne Big Damn Hero

Why shouldn't I be able to sit on my Anvil if I want to? Piles are in and all.

Haec_Esne_Legas likes this.
  7. JagBlack

JagBlack Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bandits? Awesome! I hope they drop some decent loot or something to make it beneficial to fight them.

8. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah, it is an awesome game even if some point could be better. (like all game...)

Also...
    I waited a diablo 3 for 12 years.
    NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gears, clevernamegoeshere and Tairuse like this.
  9. Tairuse

Tairuse Subatomic Cosmonaut

I totally know how you feel :'( I still enjoy playing Diablo 2 though.....

Chadpole and Brassqund like this.
  10. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

i have not played diablo 3 is it good

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

If he says it wasn't worth the wait, I think that's a pretty solid "no".

Gears likes this.
  12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Hell no it isn't

13. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

but that might of meet that it was good but not 12 years good

14. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

Unfortunately the internet is probably the worst place ever to ask if something is "good", you'll just get dozens of people telling you how much they hate it and how it's the worst thing ever. Do we really need to derail this topic about the time we've been waiting for Starbound again, let alone everyone's pet hates of other random games?

Anyway, on topic! I wonder how wacky the terrain gen can get. Not only stuff like in the screenshot, but i'd love to see gigantic features carved deep into the terrain, like impact craters and canyons. That would be pretty cool.

Gears, clevernamegoeshere and Jonesy like this.
  15. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Everything except graphics was inferior to Diablo 2. So no.

Chadpole likes this.
  16. lpp911

lpp911 Zero Gravity Genie

I like, I like :D

17. Latone

Latone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't played it either, I've been told the story that made Diablo and Diablo II so awesome just isn't there in 3 - there is story, but not as compelling as it was before. Is this true?

18. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Diablo 3 is identical to Diablo 2 in gameplay. People seem to forget that. But that kind of gameplay is no longer welcome because other games provide a more engaging experience.

Duke Nukem Forever for example is identical in gameplay to the old 2.5D Duke Nukem games, and because of that it also failed.

People seem to have this huge desire to go back to "the way games were", but whenever a company tries it, the game gets slammed because apparently the developers "did it wrong". When in truth, the people asking for the "old ways" got exactly what they wanted, they just forgot how dark and terrible those days were through the rose tinted goggles of nostalgia.

Anyway, back on topic.

Seems we should get used to rather dull updates every two days. A shame, I wish I could somehow turn that into "BETA RELEASE SOON", but I don't think thats the reason.

Gears and Riokan like this.
  19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That's bullshit. Look at the last Serious Sam. DNF failed not because it stuck to its formula but because it was a shitty game

20. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Something else to knock off my personal Checklist, Ravines! Starbound always looked too flat and circular before, this should add some adventure to the game pre grappling hook as you scramble your way over them :D Nice update :love:

There also seems to be less and less Developer involvement of late. Tweets are down from last month, Bart hasn't streamed in ages. These daily updates are somewhat sporadic now. So it's fully understandable that hype is starting to dwindle, At least it being a presence here in the forums.