12 July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Middleman93

Middleman93 Star Wrangler

You're probably right, I just felt a little weird that all the people in the thread were like "awesome singing!" and I was just "eh." Know what I mean?

Jayson likes this.
  2. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Okay, the voices in the game. Good grief. They sound so SO stupid. It's like you took Navi's voice from Ocarina of Time and made it even more annoying, like it belongs in a chibi anime with overbearing obnoxiousness. For the love, remove singing if you can't make it better.

GhideonVakarian likes this.
  3. Gilzokha

Gilzokha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That reminds me of this:

4. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder how much sooner would the game come out if time wasted on crappy features like music, singing and speech animation was dedicated to core development that makes the game playable?

GhideonVakarian likes this.
  5. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Hey, even the game developers need to have fun sometimes.

6. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Isn't it fun enough to make people pay for something that doesn't exist and won't exist for a while?

7. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

Doesn't exist? If the game is such a big piece of vaporware, why are there daily updates and progress reports? Every post you make is so negative it's ridiculous. Be patient and quit being such an entitletard.

8. BastianHawk

BastianHawk Aquatic Astronaut

Hey look, it's this attitude again.

9. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Too weeaboo for my tastes, but I bet there's people who like it, so good job!

10. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Right, I forgot who he was. Ugh.

11. WolfGang

WolfGang Phantasmal Quasar

is the singing planned to be racial?

As in, will the glitch sound robotic etc?

Toryu-Mau and tassina like this.
  12. szymekc

szymekc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It exists, it's just out of your reach. It's like saying oxygen doesn't exist, because you can't touch it.

Legodude1237 likes this.
  13. BastianHawk

BastianHawk Aquatic Astronaut

That would be really superb if it were.

tassina likes this.
  14. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

You savages D:.
    Man it would blow if 1 guy redeemed them all....

15. kelik

kelik Void-Bound Voyager

omg that singing is SO AMAZINGLY CUTE.

tassina and BastianHawk like this.
  16. Tomhaloboy

Tomhaloboy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Haha that's brilliant! It sounds like the animal crossing characters!

17. 70calories

70calories Scruffy Nerf-Herder

haha I do like the singing I agree it does need a bit of work other wise it's quite nice

18. Lonewolf222

Lonewolf222 Title Not Found

You know, I actually agree with the people who claim it should have been added post beta. Its really an "excessive" extra feature, But in the developers defense it was their "Sunday project". In which they claim this sort of thing is what they do on their Sunday's, and by the way its the junk like this that makes a good game into a great game. If this came from that, who knows what other wonders will spring out from that magical day of the week...

However... Now that I've seen this... Its no longer a feature that can be thrown out anymore, its far more awesome then... that now. By making this video, they have turned it into a part of the "Starbound" experience. A now included feature that would cause unrest if it simply vanished without being referred to ever again, requested forevermore until its inclusion back home with all the other pointless features no doubt to come.

Good. Now, I shall be able to make my character sing Luna's Boat song from Lunar while cruising across the waters of some random Ocean planet. Somehow this has become mandatory...

Legodude1237, Seir and Lord Girth like this.
  19. Lord Girth

Lord Girth Aquatic Astronaut

The singing literally brought me to tears... LITERALLY!

20. Arkh

Arkh Void-Bound Voyager

I really appreciate the fact that musical instrument were implemented but never did i imagine singing would be a feature ! I'm impressed. The voice sounds cute but i'd really love to see racial features for singing as it was said a few times before.

Keep up the good work, lately almost all the updates made me more and more excited about the game !!

Also, penguins.