12/10/13 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. sil3nst

sil3nst Void-Bound Voyager

any concerns regarding the current state of the game do indeed belong in these threads. and i agree about the iron although it seems to vary by planet, on my previous character i found barely any but on my new avian's first world its all over the place.

vanella likes this.
  2. Fluffy_Cow

Fluffy_Cow Void-Bound Voyager

Got the update still crashes and before any one asks i have the system requirements and I'm on mac. 6 days of crashing :facepalm:

3. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

I sure hope uranium will be more effective than coal this time.

4. SpidersPrey

SpidersPrey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

THAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!! THIS!! SOOOOO THIS!!!!

5. Hiuki

Hiuki Pangalactic Porcupine

now works on XP, but it crashes often. so far combat has been good, but you can still take damage from the flashing "corpse" of a monster, and if you double jump off a mole hill you take fall damage which is kinda annoying when you're running for your life with 1-0 bars of health. On the topic of double jumping, I feel it uses a tad bit more energy than something used almost every other jump should use. the tech that needed nerfing before was blink but I haven't been able to test that yet. other than that it seems to be comin' along nicely. :3

I'll post again if I find somethin' else I feel is off. now it's time to post on some bugs.

6. NolanatorX

NolanatorX Void-Bound Voyager

Not related to the update, but I checked steams top sellers list, and Starbound is on the top! Great job guys!

7. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

For the love of god, fuel fix please!

Angelus.Nox likes this.
  8. sil3nst

yeah they are making serious bank, and they are working very hard for it, but i get the feeling they are rushing a little too much hence the problems with the last patch.

vanella likes this.
  9. guyverlord

guyverlord Big Damn Hero

With wood itself no longer a fuel source, I'd like to see this happen.

Add a smelting option to turn 2 wood into 1 Charcoal.
    Make torche crafting take 1 coal or 1 charcoal, with preference for charcoal.
    Make Steel take coal or charcoal to make.
    Make charcoal a starship fuel at 1 charcoal = 1 fuel.

This would make wood (indirectly) viable as starship fuel again, at a rate of 2 wood for 1 fuel, or 1/4 of the fuel rate for coal.

10. Cobbertson

Cobbertson Tentacle Wrangler

Haha and to think I tossed away all those beautiful purples and greens because they were far inferior to my glorious many thousand DPS broadsword xD
    looks like I should go back to the Floran city I found and take a look at those weapon shops again :)

11. jintonic

jintonic Space Hobo

i love so much now , finally u gave up ! :D:rofl::rofl::laugh::sneaky::iswydt::DD:DD:DD:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    this is the right way of doing things

12. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No seriously though,
    Use coal to make torches, use torches to mine coal, Run out of torches, add fuel to tank.
    now you dont have enough fuel to go to a new planet, no torches, and have to mine with only a flashlight until you get enough coal to make enough fuel to get torches to get more coal to get fuel to get torches to get coal etc etc ad infinitum. The game is about exploration, not about fuel collection, if they make exploration really really hard, the game is gonna suck.

Oh an have fun when you need to make steel and your digging just above the lava level and skipping over gold ore just to get that last bit of coal ore off the starter planet.

13. husthepenguin

husthepenguin Space Hobo

Later last night i had to download an update that wiped everything...and now i have to download another update. help?

14. xxsuna

xxsuna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah like mainhand 3k dmg was realy fun to play with :) i went to hight lvl planets and it was like .. kill in instant or be killed in instant :D it was nice training btw :)

15. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Tier 5? Wait...I thought the highest tier implemented right now was 4 (4 sectors)...which I thought was just thrown in the last major patch?

16. danielofthekings

danielofthekings Space Hobo

Update is good! Something I have noticed while playing. I was pretty deep underground to the point there were little lava pools around me, but the interesting thing is that I was freezing almost instantly. I have a video of it that I captured. I will try to post it later.

17. sil3nst

i think they should just get rid of the whole temperature thing.

18. SpidersPrey

SpidersPrey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

-slaps your wrist- NO! no.... I like the added way to die... what we need though is a way to always have the gauge visable... and for that matter, an always visable hunger bar would also be appreciated.

vanella and Green Causali-Tea like this.
  19. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

And more access to ways to stay warm. Leather-farming can be annoying.

Speaking of which... stats on bows? Pretty please? And shields while you're at it?

20. jovial

jovial Subatomic Cosmonaut

I thought it was a bit weird seeing T2-T3 weapons jumping to 65K+ DPS. :D Not to mention the Steel Hunting Bow capable of onehitting the dragon boss. :D