12/10/13 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. kionter

kionter Seal Broken

thanks for the great work

2. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

I'm still getting one hit by level 1 monsters right after starting a new character... will this severe imbalance be corrected in the coming patches? I'm assuming so but just asking in case it's an intended mechanic.

Koli and Aghork like this.
  3. Andrux

Andrux Tentacle Wrangler

Please fix the way birds damage you after being killed, they do way too much damage for the tier already!

4. M3rcer01

M3rcer01 Orbital Explorer

The armor still dont works!!! the weapon sistem is good, but the armor its broken

5. Gowds

Gowds Yeah, You!

When will you fix the crash bugs? I can't play because my game don't open =[

6. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

If anyone happens to be a collector and think they'll just keep their OP weapon for slits and shiggles, just remember it's going to be deleted before release anyway. :)

Also the bug that keeps you in your ship after continuously warping out of it is REALLY annoying. hope it gets fixed soon. all in all, i haven't experienced any crashes though, so I can't complain.

Fogbot3, vanella and Svarr Chanston like this.
  7. Lazarus Valkarov

Lazarus Valkarov Tentacle Wrangler

Expound.

8. Quixe

Quixe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd focus on fixing the merchants. Without it only grocers and clothier's sell anything...And are the nly merchants not walking around butt naked :rofl:

9. TreeTopSky

TreeTopSky Void-Bound Voyager

Loving this new update. Just finished fighting the first boss! Took a good 10 mins to grind through all the land units, and all was done without cheesing it! :) You can literally stand right there without anything 1-hitting you to the brink of insanity. Also, rare ore is very abundant. (Like it states in the changelog) But gold and silver where in huge pockets on my starting planet. (Not that i'm complaining or anything!)

10. Legato

Legato Orbital Explorer

Sounds good Molly, just make sure the team also spots the duping of items problem in multiplayer, apparently when a player is on another player's ship and the ship owner logs off, the other player can dupe anything for free, or at least that's how I understood my friend describe it last night, he wouldn't go into detail cause he wants to keep it that way, and knew I'd be a whistle blower (good guess, lol), still trying to figure out the exact mechanics of the problem myself. On a side note, I really hope they're working hard on the quest and storyline parts of the game, because these are the aspects of the game that excite me the most, and I really want them to live op to their full potential. Personally, I have great ideas swirling in my head about all the races and how their histories and cultures could could be blended into an amazing universe that could produce some really compelling stories and I hope the team is thinking the same way, great job so far, and keep up the good work.

11. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you, Chucklefish! I saw that the weapons were super OP earlier today and I was actually just about to post something about it...
    Grappling hooks!

12. FadeFreeman

FadeFreeman Aquatic Astronaut

Tier 1 is unnecessarily difficult and weapons crafted on anvils need a buff.
    They're barely better than the starter weapon and not worth crafting.

Fogbot3, vanella, dollvader and 4 others like this.
  13. RoboDuckMonkey

RoboDuckMonkey Starship Captain

I'm not going to go into details, but believe me when I say there is a far easier way to duplicate entire inventories of items in a matter of seconds. Compared to that exploit what you're explaining is, although indeed a problem, not as severe, lol.

14. Jaydub

Jaydub Lucky Number 13

I can't join my multiplayer server now, it just says I have the wrong password everytime I join, and I know it is correct

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  15. Twilightdusk

Twilightdusk Aquatic Astronaut

I didn't mean it as a complaint, if it came of that way, just pointing out that the overpowered weapons do in fact seem to be getting hit with the nerf.

Angelus.Nox likes this.
  16. Cheesewizzie

Cheesewizzie Master Chief

It says that the characters aren't wiped however I just went on and all my characters are gone :down: Anyone else have the same problem?

M3rcer01 likes this.
  17. M3rcer01

M3rcer01 Orbital Explorer

Ok i have the copper armor, the lether armor, the steel armor, the gold armor, and the damage i take is the same!!!!!!! and the shields dont work!!!! i am the onlyone who have this problem?

Coolstuff206, Fogbot3 and vanella like this.
  18. jazari

jazari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how do you "re-tame pets"

Svarr Chanston and NinjaNick like this.
  19. RoboDuckMonkey

RoboDuckMonkey Starship Captain

Ah, my apologies then. Sometimes I read into posts to deepely. :)

20. Miopia

Miopia Master Chief

It must be pretty hard to balance a game at the same time you're adding content. I'll most likely really enjoy the next few days with the grapple then...
    I don't really mind making ores more rare because it means you have to explore to harder planets to find them, rather than just go deep.

I guess I don't need to tell you to keep at it, so just do whatever you were planning to do in the next few months.