10th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Elder Oddo

Elder Oddo Industrial Terraformer

Wow, perfect fit for the Keanu conspiracy meme...

2. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

it is coming this year

3. QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't quite get over how exciting towns are, and having NPCs that really seem "alive" is definitely important for game immersion. I know I shouldn't be talking about terraria here, but I, like many others, have started playing terraria again with the new update, and the worlds are just so lonely. I mean, I know there are plenty of NPCs, but they don't know or care that I'm there unless I click on them, in which case they just want to sell me stuff, and they all live in my house, and sell stuff only to me, so they are more like interactive furniture than actual NPCs. If they were replaced by vending machines I would hardly notice the difference (except that then they wouldn't walk off of cliffs or into lava).

Don't get me wrong, I love terraria (I have almost 200 hours of playtime, and I am not the type of person who stays with one game for very long). But I feel that with every starbound update I read (which is every starbound update) my longing for starbound is slowly smothering my love of terraria.

Brassqund and BlueFlux like this.
  4. Frey Cloudseer

Frey Cloudseer Cosmic Narwhal

Over here Stranga'... Got somethin' that might interest ya.

5. XIII

XIII Void-Bound Voyager

Kirito avatar is the best avatar :rofl: !

T-Rex likes this.
  6. laughinstok

laughinstok Zero Gravity Genie

And don't forget the big white van.

7. ernestopresto

ernestopresto Subatomic Cosmonaut

:love:<3 <3 <3

8. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

9. doc Chicken

doc Chicken Void-Bound Voyager

This is taking too long, I give up on waiting. Working on things such as speech is giving me the shits when core mechanics still apparently need "tweaking".

Pingeh likes this.
  10. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope they have some shady shop keepers, like "Want some green...?" before leading you back to a lettuce stall.

11. Hellis

Hellis Void-Bound Voyager

Development cycles take time, how is it that people don't get this?

Squacher likes this.
  12. Squacher

Squacher Intergalactic Tourist

There are many countries and cultures that do that. I have been to Egypt and the vendors and owners love coming out and trying to get you to go back with them, They even hire people off the streets to do it for them allot.

13. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

awe yea :3

XIII likes this.
  14. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

Indeed! The "hawker" in the marketplace and the "crier" advertising services are very time-honoured; in North America we only really stopped using them in the 1940s. Historically speaking, that's practically yesterday.

15. OnyxStone

OnyxStone Aquatic Astronaut

Wait, you haven't been excited about the beta? The only real reason I come to this page everyday is to see if they've announced beta yet. Seeing the progress is a nice perk. X)

16. Pringlesniffer

Pringlesniffer Orbital Explorer

Not one bit.

17. OnyxStone

OnyxStone Aquatic Astronaut

...no I (1 out of many thousands of community members) didn't miss you. But welcome back. :p

18. A Guy

A Guy Void-Bound Voyager

It was my birthday on the 10th, how dare you have a late update!
    :metroid:+:ssssssssss: = bomber plane.
    Your chances don't look too good.
    :chrono:

19. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

This goes against everything my mother taught me when I was a kid. Just missing the "Free Candy" van.

Aw, well. At least she isn't pulling me into some shady back alley. Nice progress, as usual guys.

20. shadow wolf

shadow wolf Void-Bound Voyager

Another great update like usual. :up: