10th October Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

And thus the Avian marketer was able to feed his family, succesfully luring a stranger to buy his wares so he can pay off the mafia... yes, the guards are also corrupt, I'm afraid.

iCookiePL likes this.
  2. StallChaser

StallChaser Space Penguin Leader

The shops could hire sign spinners. Also, a spinnable sign would be a cool item. Especially if it could also double as a boomerang type weapon.

3. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

"Lesson! Lesson! If you see a stranger, follow him!" - Radical Edward

ernestopresto likes this.
  4. Warruuna

Warruuna Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the idea that shops are stationary, and the merchants can move (even if said merchant is shady). It brings a level of discovery into towns as opposed to mobile merchants like Minecraft villagers or Terraria NPCs. You could see a stall and wonder what's being sold, and if any NPC could help you.

Once they finally align, the shadiest deals in all of shade-dom plop onto your lap. =P

5. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, you're supposed to be thinking OUTSIDE the box... of Cheerios :rofl:

TheOneCalledWaffle likes this.
  6. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Errr...not sure I would follow strange people to their "shop" even if asked kindly.
    ...Maybe with some 2 or 3 bodyguards around me... or a tazer... or a rottweiler pet :p

7. Jayson

Jayson Big Damn Hero

soo.. what happens if we refuse? also, will they try to lead you into an ambush sometimes?

8. Yeah... I wouldn't trust any of the shady NPC's with black, long trench coats, dark glasses and weird looking beanies on their heads who are surrounded by the guys who look like they've done some time.
    Not. Cool.

9. Toastation

Toastation Title Not Found

Hmm beta is coming soon...

10. zothaq

zothaq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First thing I am going to do is buy a weapon from a store and slaughter the whole village with it.

Muahhahahahahhaha

11. The guards will probably murder you.

12. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

Whoop, tiered crafting objects. :D There's something really nice about making an item at the beginning of the game (like a crappy wooden crafting table) and taking it with you through the game, upgrading it along the way. I hope there's a bunch of that.

SteelSoldier and Ἄνουβις like this.
  13. Synestra

Synestra Sandwich Man

Capitalism! Ho!

well, good job as usual guys!
    Keep up the good work :)

Osmedirez likes this.
  14. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

Agreed man, I am guessing you will need to upgrade it a few times so you can achieve higher tiers of equipment and perhaps it will start randomly generate the type of modifiers the equipment has.

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  15. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Now this I like! I always hate when in games the vendors aren't where they should be. Getting them to go back to the store to sell stuff is great! Good job! :up:

16. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

Merchants wandering around possibly advertising their store or somesuch is an interesting idea, I will admit, but a problem arises. If you need to buy something from them and they aren't at their stall what will you do? If you're new to a town and you haven't memorized which of these randomly generated NPCs sells what, how will you find the merchant to tell them to get their butt back to their shop to do their job? Or maybe a merchant finds you and asks you to come back to their shop and you take the time to follow the, compared to player speed, very slow person back to their store... and you find out it's one you don't have any interest in. I wanted to buy guns, not fish.

On that note, will you be able to talk to the merchant somehow to tell them you want them to get back to their station so you can browse their wares? Or do you -have- to wait for the 'Hey, follow me' event to play? How often does it play, if so?

[EDIT1] I'm not sure how interactions between an NPC and the player character work so I may seem silly for asking this... But when we talk to an NPC will they possibly tell us about their occupation? Maybe discovering through conversation that who we are talking to is a shopkeep and possibly being invited/asking to visit their store. [/EDIT1]

17. Pringlesniffer

Pringlesniffer Orbital Explorer

What makes you think that? Are you under the presumption it'll be released before Dec 31? Are you a developer in disguise clueing us in when it'll be announced? D:

iCookiePL likes this.
  18. arodr8

arodr8 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool village

19. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It make use feel more like in a real village, with all those npc trying to selling there stuff:
    -Beat weapon of all the galaxy!
    -Harginoasnosag's favourite store! etc, etc...

Thanks for this awesome update...
    and good luck for next brainstorms :p

20. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

man those glasses they are so cool :rainbow: