10th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. fRekvi

fRekvi Void-Bound Voyager

Looks really good Tiy,

The only thing that seems a bit off with the character screen is the logo behind the character.
    Will we be able to create our own logo for ships etc. or is it a generic one?

Cheers,
    Fredrik

2. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You could have the "send to ship" icon still be as small and good looking as that render looks, by having the text "send to ship" slide beautifully out of the way and be replaced by the cost to ship. Upon mouse over.

Koopaloop and Testare like this.
  3. R234

R234 Contact!

"In Soviet Starbound, inventory expands you!" :giggle:

4. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great to see that the final to-do-list is now underway! :coffee: Seeing the inventory screen made me wonder how trading between other players will be conducted. Would it be via the inventory window or by item-dropping? A trading system would be pretty neat, but that can wait (if not/ever implemented yet) till after the post-beta/official release! :up:

5. CrispySharp

CrispySharp Yeah, You!

Hey Tiyuri and Chucklefish and these amazing people. I've got 2 questions, Is the roadmap still being updated and when will beta come out? Thanks and you guys are the best. Keep up the good work team!

6. Mewbone

Mewbone Phantasmal Quasar

2 Pet slots? :DD

7. Fjantom

Fjantom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Two pets at once :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

8. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

This is great my pack-rat self is so happy, will there be armor that increases the inventory space?

9. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

i agree, the normal inventory was WAY too small. I like what I see, keep the good work up.

10. Matthebat

Matthebat Master Chief

Hey Tiyuri,
    Thanks for the awesome update! The inventory looks amazing the way it is and I am definitely looking forward to playing the game. A few questions:
    1. Did you say that we would have 3 pets and 1 would be active and the others wouldn't be?
    2. Does this screenshot of the inventory (showing 2 pet slots) mean that you changed your mind and we can have 2 pets active or we swap between them but can only have 2 pets at once?
    3. I like the size of the inventory, especially since it isn't based on how large the item is but how big will the stacks of items be? In the videos they stacked up to 999 (not sure if this was inferring that there was an infinite amount of that or whatever) so yeah...
    4. How large will the ships inventory be?
    5. Can you just give us a little peek at some of the things left on the to-do list before beta? :p
    6. Seriously? Please? X3
    Thanks, love the work that you guys are doing and can't wait to play the game!
    Matthebat

P.S I don't seriously think that I'll get a reply to these questions from Tiyuri or anyone but maybe someone in the community who is more diligent than I can shed some light on the situation. Thanks all!

11. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Inventory looks great! Maybe one more tech slot?

12. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I think that the new invertory looks much, much better! :p

13. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Much better inventory!

14. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great job! But maybe you could use the big ''SEND TO SHIP'' sign to put another stuff here? Is it really usefull to have that big of a sign just to say what the button next to it do?

15. Gears

Gears Contact!

Awesome. Just brilliant! I dunno if you guys knew this already, but maybe make the gui semitransparent so we can see anything that is bearing down on us with designs on our skull. ^^

16. Gears

Gears Contact!

Sends items/you back to your ship.

17. Echo

Echo Big Damn Hero

Anyone else notice that we lost a tech slot going from Inventory config A to inventory config B?

18. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those are some tiny assed icons. Maybe it'll be easier up on the big screen but I can see myself having trouble spotting something in the pile.

19. 0olong

0olong Big Damn Hero

Send to Ship.... I like that option.

20. Ogma

Ogma Void-Bound Voyager

I think it's great! But if I can give my opinion, I think an "auto-sort" button would be very very helpfull! At least I found that missing in terraria ;)

Mippy, Baku Vicen, lpp911 and 4 others like this.