10th July - Here comes the sun!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 10, 2015.

1. AdmiralTrain

AdmiralTrain Aquatic Astronaut

I must say that this is a bright idea. (No, I'm not apologizing for that pun.)

Hidd3nD3pths likes this.
  2. Magical_Dinosaurs

Magical_Dinosaurs Seal Broken

This is neat. I want a blob person!

VxT0X1CxV likes this.
  3. doctorqueue

doctorqueue Scruffy Nerf-Herder

its awesome whens the update!! im sooo bourd im stuck with a boss that iv been trying to defete for like a TERM also about that can you make the wepon testing site esier!!?? as i said if been trying over and over again yet NOTHING he kills me in the first go![DOUBLEPOST=1436594994][/DOUBLEPOST]
    :([DOUBLEPOST=1436597980][/DOUBLEPOST]
    oh wait ppl are asking it to be harder mabye you should make hard and easy settings? that would better

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. jasonzoo123

jasonzoo123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

One question , if we can have a sun dude thing why can't there be coral people for coral set that way atleast there's more stuff that we can obtain undersea.....or even a toxic coral furniture set and teanant so the toxic ocean will have more use to it :diving:.[DOUBLEPOST=1436605350][/DOUBLEPOST]One question , if we can have a sun dude thing why can't there be coral people for coral set that way atleast there's more stuff that we can obtain undersea.....or even a toxic coral furniture set and teanant so the toxic ocean will have more use to it :diving:.

VxT0X1CxV likes this.
  5. twaitsfan

twaitsfan Aquatic Astronaut

Yes! This is definitely what the game needs! More types of furniture!

6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

7. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Shame the furniture sets are really hard to come by, even if youre looking in the right biome. I remember spending about half a week searching for the Slime Set. I mean, I get that its rare and all, but methinks the rarity on that end might need a little tweaking? ^^

Dragon-fan likes this.
  8. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

nothing to make me want to play like collectibles :cool: aw yea

9. VxT0X1CxV

VxT0X1CxV Void-Bound Voyager

Whens the next update :C ive been waiting for so long Starbound plz make it soon August, 27. to what ????? cause when November comes along your going to lose a lot of people because of fallout 4 and id like to play more of this before then i have 423hrs i wanna make it 1k

10. randomducks552

randomducks552 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, this is totally unrelated, but you should make it easier to set up a private multiplayer server. I tried, I tried again, and repeated until both my soul and energy were drained completely out of me and didn't try again for the rest of the month. By the time I have no patience left, I likely have no soul either because I always end up looking something like this::boo:

VxT0X1CxV likes this.
  11. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well that is a nice hint at how diverse the tenants are going to be. Time to make a mini-mall once this comes about.:raccoon:

Magical_Dinosaurs likes this.
  12. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

You know, I wonder if they have the character sell the sun too. Like, an actual sun as a lighting item. Probably a pocket version, but still, a sun.

Or hell, maybe a whole system of celestial bodies with spinny animation so we can have our own planetarium. Would look neat. Also set up the stage for doing some make believe interstellar war while we cause actual interstellar war on our travel.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  13. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Sun, sun,. sun, here it comes!

So furniture changes tenants...

But what about decorations? I tried placing a Medical bay sign in some rooms, but no medics popped.

And how do you get a Tennant instead a tenant?

14. poptartman38

poptartman38 Orbital Explorer

Wont you guys have to delete our characters again to support the new changes of this next update? or did you find away around that?

15. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

There are currently no medic tenants out there currently, decorations often count as furniture so to speak. For info on what tenants can be spawned, visit Their wiki page

Varixai likes this.
  16. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Probably ACME.

We might get a lava tenant and set when they get to Volcanic planets. ;)

As for giving clothes to tenants, probably not directly. In the original Colonies announcement and overview Tiy said this:
    "Whilst the type of NPC that moves in is based on the type of furniture used, the visual appearance of that NPC is based on the exact layout of the furniture within the house. So you’re able to put your feng shui skills to the test to attract someone in particular."

They are going through all the planets, adding objects and tenants. So there will probably be one soon, they just haven't got to that planet yet.

Well, they just spent a month to revamp 4 planets and 7 mini-biomes. They are going through "all the planets", so that means they have 6 planets and 6 mini-biomes left to do. (Not counting the 4 ocean planets or the disabled tentacle planet.)

I actually ended up making a simple spreadsheet for this, so here's a picture of that if you want more details.

(So, assuming they are going to finish all of the planets before the next Stable, you should be able to make a decent estimation of when it is coming.)

As for other stuff.. Last night's Nightly build added these bioluminescent things: 3 critters, a chair, a bed, 5 new plants, and the bioluminescent tenant shown in the blog.
    They also did a lot of work on the Avian Temple Maze and added a new tile, Frozen Dirt: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  17. Sadiesaur

Sadiesaur Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much!

18. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Is any of this housing feature in-game yet? I really want to play around with building houses for these npcs to spawn in.

19. Sick Sad World

Sick Sad World Subatomic Cosmonaut

Excellent work. Cannot wait to Colonize one of each planet. My experience with tenants so far has been collecting money and figuring out how they died to avoid it in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oopsie-tootsie! All in the name of Research and Expansion, I say! MANIFEST DESTINY!

Also, I hope when they get around to working on Ice planets, they add slippery ice. I never realized until very recently that I don't slide on ice, and that ain't cool (bwahahaha!).

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

If you're aware your post is completely off-topic, why post it here? It's only going to get buried under on-topic replies. Please use the appropriate subforum if you have multiplayer issues.

http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/multiplayer.102/

The | Suit and Dunto like this.