10 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. ArcLight

ArcLight Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would highly advice that you do. The only downside I can think of is the 'mindrape' tendency is toned down a lot (that won't be a good thing for everyone) and they do take some SERIOUS liberties with the show's progress. It's Evangelion, but like nothing you have seen before. First movie is pretty standard, nr2 deviates from the standard, and nr3... well, nr3 takes it to 11 then accelerates beyond the event horizon...

Anyhow, to be fair on the demo for the biomes, LOADS of them look really tempting and all look amazing to explore. If my current sensation holds I will likely do as I mentioned, but if not, wow, will there ever be much to pick from...

iAMkira1010 likes this.
  2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I'm waiting for the fourth movie to come out before I set down and jump into them, haha I hate finishing something then having to wait for the next part... anticipation.
    Well, at least the animation and visuals are improved. I will miss that 3am madness though...

iAMkira1010 likes this.
  3. blackmib

blackmib Aquatic Astronaut

no

4. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Maybe one of the updates will be hand trees! Then there will be worlds made of nothing but body parts! :V

5. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I just had a thought today about watching the video in 1080p on an HDTV... :cool: I haven't yet, but if this game ever gets to the console stage (rather, WHEN) it will probably look explosively spectacular! I could see tech stores just displaying Starbound vids on all of their TVs instead of football! X3

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

I also had a thought

This was an update dropped on a Sunday morning and it wasn't talking about super secret weekend projects... just bugfixing and finalization of features...

BETA SOON???!?!!?

7. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Omni was saying in one of the threads that they are trying to completely polish Tier 1 at the moment - I'm guessing they're working against the clock to get it looking as good as possible for Insomnia. Probably no time at the moment for weekend projects.

...So probably not.

8. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

After insomnia we might hear about a beta start date. It would be a cool way to kick things off. Either way I'll be happy, since we'll get to see lots of actual gameplay ^.^

9. Hiffwe

Hiffwe Orbital Explorer

Those eyeball trees. *shudder*

10. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

11. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

I dont understand

12. Dtho_47

Dtho_47 Star Wrangler

Disturbance of communication ==>> Scandal ==>> Refunds

13. Alexor

Alexor Star Wrangler

Oh, come on. That's kind of ridiculous, don't you think? It'll be ready when it's ready. It's an indie game with a small team and big ambition: Anyone could have told you immediately that it'd be fairly delayed and the release would be drawn out. Let them take as much time as they need. Beta will almost certainly be out by the end of the year, and the release shouldn't take too much longer after that. And even if it does take longer, that only means that the end product will be all the more polished.

Although, on a speculative standpoint, it might make sense for them to put out a beta with, essentially, a level cap that prevents you from reaching some of the higher tiers. I'm assuming that's what they're doing for Insomnia, by locking the game at T1, but the first beta release might go up to T3, for instance. Further beta updates could simply enable the new higher tier content as it becomes ready. But first they need to handle all of the groundwork, and that's going to take a while. So,stay optimistic, just don't get all worked up if things don't end up that way.

Axe Garian and K00L like this.
  14. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think that it would be like that.Be honest.Even if they release the game at next summer people will just sit and wait.

15. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

Almost certainly?
    I think it would be tight-roping on the legal side of things because they absolutely -promised- a Beta before January 1, 2014.

16. oOort

oOort Industrial Terraformer

So amazing :) and the music and all the monsters and just... everything!! So beautiful -- you guys are truly awesome. Love love LOVE U!!!<3

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think they promised a release date before 2014. At least not anywhere I read.
    Even on the pre-order page it just says, "Estimated Release: 2013"
    But like I said, it could be somewhere I haven't read.

18. Cassiterides

Cassiterides Void-Bound Voyager

Now I inextricably associate Atlas, the song by Curtis that plays in the video, with Starbound and vise-versa. I keep listening to it and thinking of space exploration and building bases...

19. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Y'all. C'mon now. It's estimated that the release will be in 2013. I don't know if you've noticed, but it's still 2013. They didn't say early 2013. They didn't say mid-2013. So why can't you just presume that it'll be late 2013, put a marker on Christmas, and move on with life?

20. Mimic

Mimic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Using this video to start a checklist for features my homeworld should have

definitely going to need a gas giant with moons in the sky as well as those rose-trees...