1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.4.1] Sankto's Beta & Roadmap Tracker

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by sankto, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Wow, I was looking for something like this, keeping track of the roadmap's changes myself would've been quite the chore.

Thanks! :up:

sankto likes this.
  2. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

Woop woop, new update. Small one, not really crucial for the well-being of the app. Please tell me if the auto-updating worked well !
    • 1.1.4.0 :
    • Re-added the "Check for updates" option. May potentially cause trouble;
    • Lengthened the Auto-Refresh timer to a minimum of 2 hours, because holy hell, there's no updates on the roadmap.
    • Because of the aforementioned previous point, i am sad. :(

3. Knomic

Knomic Subatomic Cosmonaut

I tried opening the tracker, it shows up in my background programs and then disappears. I have Windows 8, could that possibly be a problem?

4. Knomic

Nevermind, I got it fixed. If this happens to you, just right click and run as administrator.

5. sankto

Nope it shouldn't.
    Someone had a similar problem, did you try to run it in admin mode? "Right click, run as admin". It fixed the problem for him.
    EDIT : ahah, ninja'd! I'll add a mention for this in the first post.

6. Knomic

Sweet, thanks!

sankto likes this.
  7. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Thanks for sharing this with us. :up:

sankto likes this.
  8. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

Really nice tracker, thanks for doing this! :up:

sankto likes this.
  9. sankto

THE ROADMAP HAS BEEN UPDATED! Aleluija.
    And it managed to cause a crash. Please update to 1.1.6 ! If you had a crash, it's highly recommended that you select the "Synchronize Events" option in the "Tool" menu section. That is, after you update, of course.

10. nia

nia Master Chief

amazing tool :D

sankto likes this.
  11. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I'm officially obsessed with knowing the release date now... :( Thanks for this awesome program though, it's like medicine to ease the pain :DD

sankto likes this.
  12. sankto

I've updated the tracker! It's now version 1.2.

There's now a twitter tracker -- sort of. It allow you to see some of the dev's tweets.
    Please tell me if i missed a dev's twitter account or two. I'll add it / them. :)

Also, if you guys got any idea of what i could add as features, it's always appreciated.

13. szymekc

szymekc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if it's possible, but a dev stream tracker would be totally awesome. So I won't miss any more streams in the future :D

14. sankto

Thanks, i'll see what i can do! Can't promise, however.
    What dev streams exists? I know of Bart's which is on twitch.tv. Any other?

15. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a menu of the Chucklefish streams on the right side that tell you whether they're streaming or not.
    http://starbounder.org/Main_Page

Katzeus likes this.
  16. sankto

Welp, that wasn't long, wasn't it? A new update, version 1.3!

This update feature a way to see the status of various devs' live stream from twitch.tv. You can also activate an automatic refresh, and you'll be notified via system tray balloon notification and the playing of a sound, if you activated either or both.

Also added Curtis' twitter account to the list. Forgot to add that to the changelog. Hold on. EDIT : Done.

gumbyscout likes this.
  17. sankto

A small update is now up, 1.3.1!
    It fix some issues regarding refreshing the list of tweets and live streams, mostly, and a startup problem.

18. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

Wow. That's a good program.

I can only think of 2 improvements:

1. Widget mode with alerts. So basically it can show when anything is updated but just be a small thing in the corner of the screen.
    It could then show:
    Blog updated
    Roadmap updated
    Streams live
    Tweet just tweeted.
    2. an IRC feed of the Starbound IRC channel :D

sankto likes this.
  19. sankto

Im reeeeally not sure about the widget mode, as i tried to do so for the past few days with mitigated results...
    However, im pretty sure i can make a notifier for new blog entries and a small integrated IRC client! :D (nothing that would replace a standalone one i guess, but w/e)

Also, maybe i should rename the app to 'Sankto's Beta Tracker', as it's not entirely centered on the roadmap anymore.

20. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

What would be really clever - after you've done that - genericise it and then make another version for Devs to use which does the same thing in reverse. Just imagine - one center to host IRC and control bots, update roadmaps (modeled after Starbound's) and blog and tweet from.... of course each Dev in question would have to pick up the streams (atom feeds?) on the website server end and do stuff with it but I think things like what a particular person is working on would be SO easy to change for them. No-one to tell, no-one to ask to update a website just "Right, now I'm working on my monster discombobulation script, so I'll click that optoin and my icon has moved on the roadmap - on with the coding". Then teams like the Starbound team will, in future, have a productivity tool that enables them to keep the fans up to date.

Even if it was just a What I'm working on Widget (WIWOW™ - I like my widgets) it would be an awesome tool for Devs.