1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

1.2.8 Update Mac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Athlavard, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Athlavard

Athlavard Seal Broken

I hate to be that guy, however...

Is there any update on the mac version for the 1.2.8 update? I have some friends that have wanted me to play risk of rain with them, but I cant use the multiplayer because I'm not on the same game version as them. If anybody has any information regarding this please let me know, or a work around for that matter if its possible. Any help is much appreciated :)

• purei

purei Space Spelunker

yes, please. also just found this out.

• Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Did 1.2.8 ever go live to macs? The steam version on windows is 1.2.8 but on macs it 1.2.4 any help with that?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
        • Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Have you checked to see if it's still in the beta branch for the Mac version?

• Wolfgam

Wolfgam Space Hobo

i want the update 1.2.8 for Linux too, i'm waiting and waiting, and waiting...

• Athlavard

Athlavard Seal Broken

As of yet there hasn't been any word of the update coming to mac. I've looked all over and I cant seem to find any sign of when it might happen. I'm also still unable to play with my friends.

Wolfgam likes this.
              • Wolfgam

Wolfgam Space Hobo

Try using wine Athlavard, i know ut's veru annoying, but it's the only way.

• lulubirdy

lulubirdy Void-Bound Voyager

Ever since 1.2.8 came out for PC, they seem to have taken down the betas tab for the game :/

• Athlavard

Athlavard Seal Broken

Have the dev's released any information at all since their post on the 14th of april? I haven't seen anything from them since they announced the 1.2.8 update went live. I'm beginning to wonder where they went.

• Potate

Potate Space Hobo

They said that it was to go live the week after. It would be nice if they specified a date or show some evidence that they are still developing ror. I really wanna play wit my friends.

• PropaneAccessories

PropaneAccessories Space Hobo

Can anyone tell me why my OS X copy of Risk of Rain worked with a Windows user? Last night we spent a lot of time trying to get RoR to boot properly on windows (another story) and finally we said fuck it just try it on OS X and... it worked. I'm pretty sure they were updated to the latest version of RoR as was I, but I don't think my copy should be on 1.2.8.

How do I check what version I'm running?

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

The version number is found in the top left corner on the main menu (singleplayer, co-op, item log, etc.)

• PropaneAccessories

PropaneAccessories Space Hobo

Am I misunderstanding this thread? It says 1.2.8 in the top left corner of the main menu. Do other OS X users not have 1.2.8?

• Athlavard

Athlavard Seal Broken

They just recently updated. If you check the original date for this post you will see it has been around for a little while at this point. ;)

Anywho, all seems to be good now. Yay!