Dev Blog 1.0.2 - Memory leak fix!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Evening, everyone! We've just released a very small update that should fix a memory leak issue.

We're aware of the other issues being reported and are actively working on another patch for later this week, but this was something we were able to fix for tonight.

We're also in the process of updating the direct download builds available via GOG and Humble.

'Til next time!

<3

[​IMG]

Axe Garian, Jonesy, samv and 10 others like this.
  2. HalfMiner

HalfMiner Void-Bound Voyager

Does that mean that the Issue with the Dirt / Sand Color will be fixed soon?

What Issue?: Since 1.0 you only can place ONE color Variant for Dirt and Sand, thats usually not the one that the Planet already has.

The color tool won't fix anything here because the type of Color isn't fitting into the planet.

Shooting Star and Venom like this.
  3. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Glad to see you guys bug wrangling keep up the good work.

samv and Ainzoal like this.
  4. SkitzoGamer

SkitzoGamer Void-Bound Voyager

Is that next patch going to include fixing the weird white box/visual tearing glitch that happens in fullscreen?

Eghor and FearnWAZZA like this.
  5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

gotta love when your colonists jump in all excited to be alive. :nurutease:

Good to hear more fixes coming along. Thanks for that, as every little bit helps. :nuruhappy:

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Oh good! Glad to hear it's still being fixed. I hope they fix dirt/sand soon.

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

That's not an issue. That's just a "feature" that anyone who builds, in this game that entirely revolves around building, hates.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't agree with @Mackinz use of "hate", but I agree with the rest of the sentiment.

Tamorr likes this.
  9. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

I think the reasoning for it was that it would bloat the inventory when you collect dirt from different planets.
    Regardless, if that's the case, then a solution would that if there is no more place, the dirt automatically gets added to an existing stack in your inventory and takes that color. And that you can put stacks together, taking the color you put the dirtstack onto.

Also shameless posting of my personal gripelist with the game currently: http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-with-the-game-some-major-some-minor.119416/

10. pokemeninblack

pokemeninblack Void-Bound Voyager

next can you optimize the game a bit

ogdred likes this.
  11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Everybody's going on about the dirt sand, and here I am over here wishing we had our Engine Power Down sound back that we lost in Koala days. Seriously, the sky.config file says it should be there but it isn't.....

DragonsForce and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  12. Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

I really hate it personally. It's very hard for me to ignore this part of the game and focus on the rest. Apparently it's a huge deal to me. :/

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I will admit that the dirt thing can be a minor annoyance.

There is a fix for temporary, and that is to find a color that you like... blue, green, pink, brown.... and paint ALL the visible dirt that color everywhere around your building/settlement/etc.

But that's kinda meh to do, and it looks silly if you accidentally hit any stone, mud, etc with the paint tool. So you gotta be careful and do those areas one block at a time.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Inventory bloating? have you seen your food inventory?? stacks and stacks of potatoes, carrots and whatever else you picked trecking and having a nice walk on a random planet are now filling your inventory, bloating it with spoiling food!

But yes, the dirt issue is something... terrible. I started building "sky islands" to prevent seein all that dirt... senseless coloured dirt...

Morzan likes this.
  15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, the Food Tab is usually ignored by Casual players anyways, lol. But yes, the non-stacking food is just bleh. But thankfully there's a mod out there that lets you stack food.

Unfortunately, the Dirt Colors cannot be modded AFAIK.

16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Its eye glaring... to say the least... and yes, I use said mod, quite the miracle workers these modders are. Perhaps one day ill be able to go back to the land and build like I used to, being forced to the sky is nice and all, but my settlers are lemmings

17. pokemeninblack

pokemeninblack Void-Bound Voyager

everyone is focused on astetics like what about optimization because its really lagy now

Lord Sinclair and Will Liferider like this.
  18. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That is not actually a bug - it was done intentionally by the developers.
    You will need to probably wait till the Bug Fixing Phase of 1.0 when they ask what future features the community wants to see.

Ainzoal likes this.
  19. argenex

argenex Void-Bound Voyager

What about the whole crew duplicating bug? I can't play the game; anytime I teleport anywhere, my whole crew duplicates.

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you're going to report lag, it would help us a lot if you'd provide specs about your computer such as OS, CPU, RAM, and GPU.

I'm running Win7 on a 16GB, 3.5Ghz 6-Core AMD, with a GeForce 660 GTX and I'm getting very little fps drops in normal places. The game runs beautifully compared to Glad Giraffe.