Dev Blog 1.0.1 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 25, 2016.

1. B0und

B0und Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone familiar with clan forge servers know how I update my server?

I updated on my steam client and now I can't join the server!

2. tachiorz

tachiorz Void-Bound Voyager

3. AngryBogle

AngryBogle Void-Bound Voyager

Can we please get mouse button support beyond the primary buttons?

4. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

Any word on corrupted universe files due to crashes/BSOD/sudden power outage?

5. Wolfo

Wolfo Void-Bound Voyager

What about throwable weapons? Were the recipes removed?

6. PerfektFA

PerfektFA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When will the update be pushed for GOG?

7. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

So Wheres Planet Chat or a party chat tab? chat menus a currently a chaotic wreck in build servers and normal public servers.

8. Wesnc

Wesnc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No love the memory leak issues in this update, is a sad day.

9. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

Still waiting on that option to switch to a hotbar styled after the old one.

10. Dragonbahn

Dragonbahn Void-Bound Voyager

I'm still having BAD performance issues when a lot is happening on screen.

Lord Sinclair and Harintosh like this.
  11. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When's planet chat?

kilozombie likes this.
  12. Tylenol

Tylenol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No official word on planetchat yet?

kilozombie likes this.
  13. The Merfox

The Merfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Classic wallpaper still can't be crafted. I've looked into the assets folder, the recipe still makes smooth tomb brick.

14. ackar2003

ackar2003 Void-Bound Voyager

Still getting teleporting enemies and tons of lag because I can't change the game visual quality.

Lord Sinclair likes this.
  15. kennydos

kennydos Void-Bound Voyager

i got a floran engineer in my ship he keeps on upgrading the fuel efficiency by 10 percent each
    and now it costs only 4~10 ish fuel to travel to another planet...
    is this normal or a bug?

16. tachiorz

tachiorz Void-Bound Voyager

I'm running it at necro-debian. You'll need simple executable patch and local 2.17 libs.
    copy "ld-2.17.so libc-2.17.so libdl-2.17.so libm-2.17.so libpthread-2.17.so librt-2.17.so ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 libc.so.6 libdl.so.2 libm.so.6 libpthread.so.0 librt.so.1" from GLIBC_2.17 package to your starbound/linux/libc/
    copy "ld-2.17.so ld-linux-x86-64.so.2" to /tmp/
    edit inside starbound_server "/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2" to "/tmp///ld-linux-x86-64.so.2"
    run starbound_server as "LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./:./libc" ./starbound_server"

17. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I do sincerely hope that stuff like ship crews (duplicate crews, ghost crewmembers that cannot be dismissed, inability to really customize the crew and assign uniform colors/equipment) and servers hogging more and more system resources getting worse and worse performance over time will be addressed soon. Those two are the major issues I currently have - a feature lacking a lot of polish and lack of overall optimization.

Edit: That and server settings. I need more - I want to be able to set up public server of certain difficulty, with players starting on a certain type of a world and with enforced certain level of penalties for everyone. As far as I know, this is currently impossible.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  18. Mariketta

Mariketta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. LordBob5

LordBob5 Master Chief

20. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks very much for the update!

What I have discovered since Beta:
    - The Linux version seems to have immensely high CPU usage (maybe this is not exclusive to Linux/OpenGL, after reading all of these comments). The performance is okay (except when there are many particles or entities on the screen, and there are some freezes every now and then), but I am afraid to play Starbound for a longer time straight, because my laptop just gets immensely hot. The CPU usage seems to rise after the first minutes played, also. Relaunching the game or reloading the character seems to bring it down again a bit for a short period of time, but shortly it gets worse again. I also had the Erchius "chunk loading" issue.
    Probably related to the issue, the music starts to lag after a while. I am using Lubuntu 16.04, i7-2670QM, AMD HD6770M (radeon driver, Mesa 11.2.0, switchable graphics solution with integrated Intel HD3000). Changing the GPU either doesn't work or does not effect the performance in any way. :(

- Also I had the folders "win32", "win64" and "osx" in the Starbound folder on my Linux machine. After deleting those I can still play the game perfectly fine, as far as I've seen. But they require more than 700mb of additional space, making Starbound more than 40% larger than necessary. After updating to 1.0.1 the folders appeared again. Maybe they should be removed from the Linux version.

Thanks for everything! :)

Lord Sinclair likes this.