1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinRaceMod V2.1 - The Tiger Shark Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys, update time again!

CHANGELOG

TWEAKS/ADJUSTMENTS

-Some penguin crafting recipes have been adjusted
    -The Penguin Crafting Station has been renamed to "Penguin Trade Station" (or PTS for short!). The old name was more or less a placeholder, until I found a better one more suited to the mod's theme.
    -The PTS now requires one Peng in it's crafting recipe. (What pengs are is explained further below)
    -I think I've fixed an annoying issue where if you jumped into a flight of stairs, you would just bounce right through them.
    -Added a new codex, and adjusted an older one.

ADDITIONS

-Remember how a lot of penguin crafting recipes required dubloons? Well, I'm making an adjustment to this:

The mod has a new currency: Pengs. Secret, illegal penguin tender. They will be replacing dubloons in many of the mod's crafting recipes that required them.

Obtaining pengs is easy: You just craft it with a dubloon. A simple one to one exchange. (This of course means progression goes like this:

1. You start the game
    2. Progress through it as normal, to a point you can defeat Dreadwing
    3. Assist the Beakeasy bartender, and defeat Dreadwing
    4. Get a dubloon from the bartender
    5. Craft a peng with the dubloon
    6. Craft the PTS with the proper ingredients and the peng you just made
    7. You now have access to the content the PTS offers!)

That's not all though!

The PTS has a new feature:

Currency to Currency trade-ins (Or C2C for short)

At your newly crafted PTS, you can engage in highly illegal currency exchanges!

You can exchange pengs for dubloons, pixels for pengs, and pengs for pixels! It will be a very useful way to rack up dubloons if you aren't very good at finding diamonds (or prefer to save them for something else), a good way to stock up on pengs if you're overflowing with pixels, and a good way to pile on the pixels if you have a stockpile of pengs. (I mean, the pixels the PTS gives you are "probably" counterfeit.. But they work, so who's complaining? Isn't the black market fun?! :D)
Return to update list...