1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Star Wars - The Ancient Forge Mod 1.3.3

Forge your lightsabers and be the Jedi you always wanted to be.

1. cozie306
    cozie306
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3.3
    this mods is awesome!!!!! i have one problem though :/ its conflicts with frackin flora which for a lot of people is a must have mod. could you please make a compatibility patch for it that would be the best thing in the world
  2. Ichy42
    Ichy42
    5/5,
    I agree with what a couple of others have said in that the whole "craft a million crystals to make more crystals to make more crystals out of those" is pretty tedious, especially when you're blasting through the later tech tiers two at a time, but if you think about the overall cost in terms of time and money it actually balances out to what it would take under some other system as far as I'm concerned.

The Light Axes are BAD ASS and have their own lower pitch hum, very satisfying to beat something in the face with! Carrying any of these sabers around with you (except the Buster or the black models) also handily removes the need to pack a flashlight, a clunky tool that I was never overly fond of to begin with serving only for a slight sense of realism and yet immediately rendered superfluous by any number of other lighting methods such as torches... or Lightsabers, as it were ;)

My only gripe is that although the Dual Blades function like polearms they are swung like the old ones from builds past, that is they don't stick it where you point your mouse making them enormously impractical. Would LOVE to see that fixed. Still gets a 5 :)
  3. brywarrior200
    brywarrior200
    3/5,
    This idea is really great but it is too easy because you are allowed to get all the materials for lightsaber with just 1 pixel, I have some ideas like making the crystals an ore that you need to find by mining crystal caves not just buyable for 1 pixel, also remove the ability to buy a buster lightsaber(7000damage) for just 1 pixel it is ridiculous and make the hilts require metals n stuff to make, all of it is way to easy and i haven't created anything because i feel like its cheating. if these details were fixed i would rate 5 stars.
  4. Corran-Cain
    Corran-Cain
    5/5,
    I like it!
    But could you make them like thedaggers, swinging around your charakter?
  5. xyraid_steam
    xyraid_steam
    2/5,
    Broken. Tier 7 seems to be entirely absent, so this is NOT sector X ready. Also, the author seemed not to be too keen on responding to complaints of functionality, so this compounds the score. A star is awarded for a good idea in theory.
  6. ubatuba
    ubatuba
    4/5,
    I'm sorry i must be dumb but where is the forge? Do i have to load a new character?
  7. El_Bona
    El_Bona
    5/5,
    Great mod, done perfectly! The effects are incredible. 5 Stars!
  8. wally314garcia
    wally314garcia
    5/5,
    Love the mod, great progress so far. Still haven't found a focusing cave yet, but I'm looking. One thing to note, I can't see anything when I open the upgrade table. I did notice the \interface\windowconfig\lightsaberupgradetable.config references some files that are not present. Just to be safe I re-downloaded the mod, but the files are still not there, is that why I can't see anything in the upgrade table?
  9. Jujuubs
    Jujuubs
    5/5,
    Demorei mas baixei essa versão. ^.^
    Better late than never...
  10. DukeSkath
    DukeSkath
    5/5,
    I wanted a lightsaber and I got a lightsaber. I can even use the glow for a light source. Excellent.
  11. Terode
    Terode
    5/5,
    Still an excellent mod. And also still waiting for some of those cool hilts, whenever the images become visible to you.
  12. Ismaelthehero
    Ismaelthehero
    2/5,
    This mod is okay really, it is too easy, 1 pixel to craft the forge, 1 pixel to craft the hilts and the crystals, and boom! A sword which is to overpowered really, I mean you can craft this in your own regular Basic crafting and you don't even need a crafting table. What is the point in going to a crystal cave biome if you can just buy the crystals for 1 pixel at the forge. Now here is my second problem, I made a new character(Using this mod of course) and do all of my normal survival stuff well, in order to survive, so I build myself a super easy forge to get started with a good weapon, an overpowered one in fact, and I see there is a lightsaber with 1000 damage! But there is not where my problem starts, I hit a monster with it, AND BOOM! Crash, so I delete the mod, go back to play some more and I see that in my inventory there is a green cube object, and BOOM! Crash again. The only good thing about this mod is the fact that it adds lightsabers, a good sci-fi nostalgic weapon to a good sci-fi game. Is there a way you can help me with the problem? I hope you fix all of these problems as this mod has great, GREAT potential.
    -Ismael
  13. EpicNomming
    EpicNomming
    3/5,
    3/5
    While this mod shows great potential, it is an immense pain to craft the crystals needed for a high tier lightsabre. Not only that, it's not even hard. Killing mobs on a threat 10 planet for about 10-20 mins gives you enough money to buy enough gems for a tier 8 lightsabre. It just gets very annoying having to craft over 10k crystals just to get a tier 10 sword. As I said, it's not difficult, and it probably takes more time crafting the damn things than it does to get money to make them. While this mod is good, it defintely needs work in that respect. The new caves look nice, but don't serve a great deal of purpose. I hope to see this mod grow and change in the future, and given the limitations of starbound, I hope it improves even more. I am sad to say, however, at the moment it is not a mod I would use.
    I prefer the Muramasa mod personally, as it only requires one material and very little effort to upgrade when you eventually manage to farm enough raw alien meat.
    Good job, shows potential, but not my favorite.
    1. GoreFly
      Author's Response
      Actually, that makes sense. It's necessary like 3^10 tier1 crystals to get a tier10 lightsaber, which needs a immense "crafting work" to get and some time.
      But, on the other way, that is the only difficulty that my mod has, because everything else is too easy. Some people may like it for a little more roleplaying (I'm gonna change that, though).

Thank you for the review. With that I now know that the tier system and the new biome are working.

Thx a lot. :)
  14. Ishrindor
    Ishrindor
    5/5,
    I like this mod.
    But I have one request.
    Could you include as an extremely rare find, in say a dungeon, the rare Black Lightsaber?
    1. GoreFly
      Author's Response
      Actually, it'll be rewarded when you kill Pre Vizsla or Darth Maul, which are bosses that I plan on doing. :)
  15. 4esT
    4esT
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    This sabers is sooooo cooool!
  16. Arkfall
    Arkfall
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    I love this, but for some reason it crashes my game... fix?
    1. GoreFly
      Author's Response
      Please, paste your starbound log in the discuss forum. I'll see what I can do about it. Oh! And please, give me a full list of the mods you have installed. :D
  17. Celodon
    Celodon
    5/5,
    Works realy nice, but just with new chars oder recrafting all starmap upgrades ;)
    The Crystal-Cave are hard to find!
    1. GoreFly
      Author's Response
      Hahah, yes they are. Have you found one yet? xD
  18. dorris
    dorris
    5/5,
    Works well, must have for fans
  19. Drakith90
    Drakith90
    5/5,
    Great work so far. Look forward to more from ya!
  20. Jujuubs
    Jujuubs
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0
    Awesome!!! ^^