1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. improved ship object art + S.A.I.L., Slime Traits adjustment, new tendril weapon and craftable doors

XelSlime
    This update replaces the appearance of the slime ship's S.A.I.L., locker, and hatch with new art by Hieru, based on things like slime chairs or beds. Quite detailed, too (note the wiring). Also, slime ship doors and hatches have had their recipes edited, now that they're no longer made of metal, along with new sounds for opening and closing, as well as now being craftable by default.

Next, Slime Traits were adjusted. Hieru noted that slimes regenerated kinda fast with "healthRegen" set to 2, though I'd set it to that because I felt it was a bit too slow compared to what I'd been thinking at first. Of course, we've got items and other things if we need to heal. Regeneration's just a thing that slimes have, but I guess for Starbound, it shouldn't be too powerful... so we've compromised by reverting it to a "healthRegen" value of 1. Also, I didn't actually mean for slimes to be virtually immune to death by fall damage. I was basing the "fallDamageMultiplier" on Sayter's Frackin' Races setting, and... did the math incorrectly I guess. It's a multiplier, after all. 0.15 means taking 15% of regular fall damage. It's been adjusted to 0.85 instead.

Lastly, another tendril weapon's been added to the mix, but it's like how Slime Swords and Wavy Slime Swords are separate from eachother, rather than the Wavy one being an upgrade. The new "Impact Slime Tendrils" deal half the damage of other tendrils, but come with a noticeable knockback, and due to the way tendrils are, they might be usable in interesting ways. If you strike from the front, you knock your enemy back a bit. If you hit them from behind as the tendrils retract, they get knocked forward.
    Lindazana likes this.
Return to update list...