1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Less Floaty Movement 1.03 | Enraged Koala

Makes running and jumping more precise and responsive.

1. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.03 | Enraged Koala
    Great addition! Feels much better. Slightly more challenging.
  2. Lannahtreeve
    Lannahtreeve
    5/5,
    Feels natural and solid, and definitely less "floaty." Took no time to get used to it.
  3. Ceridran
    Ceridran
    5/5,
    I play Apex, so I jump high, but I hate my floaty movement. Thank you.
  4. CuttsAndBruises
    CuttsAndBruises
    5/5,
    Makes for very precise controls! Thank you for this mod, and the fall damage pack. I use the Arcane Add-on and take some huge tumbles when trying to keep up with my Bubble Boosting friends. It's made a huge and immediate difference in my gameplay!
  5. SmoothGuy
    SmoothGuy
    5/5,
    Almost no words required, amazing balance to the game
  6. Vanillarune
    Vanillarune
    5/5,
    This mod makes you feel like your character is solid and fragile. No more paper like feeling.
  7. vinylrecord1445
    vinylrecord1445
    4/5,
    Version: 1.03 | Furious Koala
    Wonderful addition to the game. This mod makes the entire game feel more grounded and graspable. My only gripe is that the space bar press is far to sensitive making me wish for an option to change the press sensitivity in game.
  8. Salius
    Salius
    5/5,
    You have improved one of the most frustrating aspects of the game for me! No more nudging myself right into that tiny acid puddle!
  9. joey4track
    joey4track
    5/5,
    omg thank you for doing this! This has been my biggest issue with SB and your mod makes the game actually fun for me. There are some kinks but once they are worked out this will be a must have mod. The control and the fights are more faced paced and brutal and I like the added fall damage.
  10. specktre
    specktre
    5/5,
    Personally, I prefer vanilla movement over this. But I won't rate you down because of that, since the mod works perfectly and does what it's meant to. Great job.
  11. DrGasmo
    DrGasmo
    5/5,
    Couldn't figure out how to reply to the last comment.

My NPC's will occasionally attempt to move, jump in place and wiggle back and forth rapidly. I have about 15 mods though this might not even be on you. If I were to come up with a theory, they look like they are trying to jump to a location and think they are going to over shoot so they counter that, repeatedly. Maybe. No idea.

I like the new backpack though I'll be wearing it in towns. Great mod.
    1. Shal
      Author's Response
      You can post under the discussion tab.

I just found a Floran doing that. I'm pretty sure that's an existing NPC behavior in the base game that this mod is making more obvious. NPCs, especially merchants, do quite a lot of wiggling. It might be a conflict between normal wandering behavior and sticking to their shop location.
  12. AliceOfThorns
    AliceOfThorns
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02 | Furious Koala
    Excellent Mod. At first got cause a friend wanted it (didn't see a need for it myself) but after about 20 minutes I loved the feel of movement. Only thing I don't love is how the heightened speeds of falling mean higher fall damage sooner, but that's only an issue cause I like jumping off tall things, not an issue with the mod XP
  13. DrGasmo
    DrGasmo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.01 | Furious Koala
    Gives it a different feel. I know your working with a broken system already but this can have some interesting side effects.. I've seen the NPC's lose their minds, I've lost 100 health from walking off a low roof in a town. But battles are faster, traveling is easier and more fun.
    1. Shal
      Author's Response
      What have you seen NPCs do? I've tried to push the system as far as I can without affecting them, but perhaps I went a bit too far.
  14. onerootpc
    onerootpc
    5/5,
    Much better feel than the vanilla 'I'm a giant balloon creature plodding carelessly on marshmallow fields '. Shits serious now.
  15. Aphonopelma
    Aphonopelma
    5/5,
    good shit
  16. skulledrebel
    skulledrebel
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 | Furious Koala
    I'm very much enjoying the increased precision, but is there any way it could be even *more* precise? I still slide a bit when I stop moving.
    1. Shal
      Author's Response
      I'll try. NPCs do strange things if I try to make it too extreme. I may be able to push the ground friction further, though.
  17. Patchumz
    Patchumz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 | Furious Koala
    Works as advertised, and very well too!