1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Better Avians 1.0.1

Alters Avian sprite to have more bird-like appearance

1. cynthicy
    cynthicy
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1
    is good mod
  2. DragolerTS
    DragolerTS
    5/5,
    I love this mod, it makes avians look how they should have to start with in my opinion.
  3. molie86
    molie86
    5/5,
    I love this mod, it just makes the Avians feel more special
  4. Bileids
    Bileids
    5/5,
    nice mod!
  5. Incredipede
    Incredipede
    5/5,
    My chocobo... ehh, Avian is so fluffy now! Awesome modification!
  6. Connockobonker
    Connockobonker
    5/5,
    Absolutely LOVE IT! But there is one thing I can't see the new hands. You know why that is?
    1. Red Hawk One
      Author's Response
      The scaled hands are in
      BetterAvians\Alternate Components\Arms\Scaled
      copy the "humanoid" folder at this location to the main "BetterAvians" folder and accept any overwrite prompts that pop up.

Glad you like it!
  7. seifer109
    seifer109
    5/5,
    this mod is great!
  8. Traxior
    Traxior
    5/5,
    Love it ^_^ can't play without this mod
  9. Patople
    Patople
    5/5,
    Now florans can taste new avian bodyparts.
  10. AmazonValkyrie
    AmazonValkyrie
    5/5,
    SUCH a clever, and well thought mod! The Avians are my favorite of the Vanilla species, and this is such a welcome and needed addition for them! Thank you for this ^_^ You've done a great job offering more character customization for the Avians!
  11. Keycross
    Keycross
    5/5,
    A welcomed visual change for a race of birds, with enough custom options to see what you want to see, without interfering with any other player.
  12. oldandwheels
    oldandwheels
    5/5,
    Awesome compilation of mods and your own edits, really makes the Avians look a great deal better.
  13. Echochu
    Echochu
    5/5,
    Perfect! <3
  14. Tyrakasaurus
    Tyrakasaurus
    5/5,
    Fantastic mod, never was a fan of bird-boobs. Different enough to add a bit of variety to the Starbound races (making Avians more than just literally "humans with different heads on them"), but not so much that it's not keeping with Starbound's typical theme.

I do agree with what people are saying about the chest being a little bland, at least on males, but I still think it's an improvement over random belly button and pecs. Plus, it's only noticable if a character is totally nude. Looks just fine with most partial outfits.

Overall, I like it a lot, one of my favourite mods.
  15. Marinebeast
    Marinebeast
    5/5,
    Looks fantastic, super glad you brought this out (the boobs on Avians always bothered me). I know there was one mod that would make the beak a bit more prominent/offer more beak options, maybe you could merge that in too?
  16. Leschinsky
    Leschinsky
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Love the simplicity of the graphical changes; good without being overbearingly different from Vanilla SB style.
  17. Motherfucker
    Motherfucker
    3/5,
    This is a good mod with a lot of minor problems visually, the 'flat' torso has an almost 'static' effect on its torso when it runs and the boobs strobe in and out. Basically the tits were badly masked over. Also the arms tend to sorta... float free from the body when they move...

Okay so there's a lot of spritework left to do but its a good start!
    1. Red Hawk One
      Author's Response
      Hey, thanks for the heads up on these! Was worried I might have missed a frame or two.

Strobing chest issue should be patched up (how did I miss that '-'). Definitely know what you mean with your other concerns, but they're a bit trickier to deal with. Something to look at down the line!
  18. Richter Graves
    Richter Graves
    5/5,
    Well made sprite replacement! :>
  19. Narks
    Narks
    5/5,
    RIP bird tits :(
  20. Epitaxis
    Epitaxis
    5/5,
    Love it. It doesn't interfere with anybody else's stuff so you can use it wherever and with whomever you please as it only applies it on your end. Pretty straight forward with switching parts out as you just drag and drop the parts you want / don't want. Even back to the more defined breasted birds if you so prefer.

Sleek~