Comments on Profile Post by Gilligan Lanley

1. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    It's four in the afternoon! But good morning to you too! :D What brings you to my profile?
    Mar 14, 2016
    Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  2. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    I seen that you were online, so I thought I'd drop by. c:
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  3. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    Woo! I like getting dropped by :>
    Mar 14, 2016
  4. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    What's shaking in your neck of the woods today?
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  5. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    Had to look up 'neck of the woods' lol...
    But then again, it all got more confusing when I read 'shaking' as 'shanking' :p
    But not much. Craziest activity was me playing Terraria.
    Whats shanking your woods, mate?
    Mar 14, 2016
  6. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Lunch break! Working some more on Chapter 1 for the new story. :3
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  7. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    Sounds good! I liked the prologue :D
    Mar 14, 2016
  8. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Awesome! :D

I'm sure it's riddled with errors, but I wanted to get it started and up. First step to beat procrastination is to start. c:
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  9. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    Yeah - you're right about that. Procrastination's a bitch.
    If you need help with proofreading, you know I'm free ;) In the meanwhile, good luck with your writings.
    Mar 14, 2016
  10. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Thanks! After I finish chapter 1, I've been think of doing some work on my other story, Scarlet Ice. It's been ages since that thing has been written, and the grammar shows. XD
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  11. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    Ah I know that feeling all too well. Taking a look back at one of my older works makes me cringe :p
    Mar 14, 2016
  12. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Is it odd to feel a rush of emotions when reading your own works? 'cause I had it happen just now with Scarlet Ice. Not the sappy stuff either. But... like if you were there in that situation, emotions.
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  13. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    No. I think it happens especially with your own works. It does to me all the time anyway - I think it's cause youi're so familiar with the characters/ the situation. Might just be narcissistic tendencies though.
    Mar 14, 2016
  14. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Hmm... maybe. I think to put a better finger on it would be... adrenaline? Maybe. It felt kinda like it. It was the same feeling when watching/reading fight scenes when you're really into the story.
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.
  15. Lavranzo
    Lavranzo
    I know that exact feeling. Has only popped up with Warring Heavens though - maybe quality is a factor? Or perhaps, if it has only happened to you with Scarlet Ice, maybe all writers have one specific story at heart that they themselves adore? Maybe Scarlet Ice is meant to be YOUR specific story to write? I remember JK Rowling talking about that once, but dunno where.
    Mar 14, 2016
  16. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    I had the same feeling in DoaLA when I was rewritting Log 2. It was when Nezun fought the adult Poptop. When writing it, I put myself in the shoes of Nezun and mentally ran through how the encounter would play out. It was the same technique I used when I wrote the first few scenes for Scarlet Ice.
    Mar 14, 2016
    Lavranzo likes this.