Pixel XRiZUX's Hat Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XRiZUX, Apr 14, 2013.

?

Which hat design do you prefer?

Poll closed May 10, 2013.
  1. Lucky Pink

1.6%
  2. Fluffy Puffy

2.3%
  3. Cubix Cube

12.5%
  4. Dreadful Skull

46.9%
  5. Legendary Samurai

36.7%
  1. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I'm trying to decide on how the hat will look like for the Platinum Tier thing, so I would appreciate all your help in voting on the poll for which hat design you all would prefer.

When it is time, the highest voted hat design will be chosen, I'm very interested in seeing what you guys prefer. :coffee:

If a very similar hat is already in the game then of course it probably won't be accepted, so most likely what's going to happen if there are similar hats already in the game is that the developers will choose one which isn't very similar. So I'm going with the 1st - 2nd - and 3rd kind of thing right now. If 1st is already in the game, then it will be disqualified and the 2nd will be chosen, if both 1st and 2nd are already in the game then the 3rd will be chosen. If all top 3 voted are already in the game then I'll make new designs because I want it to look good and know that people will like the hat. :p

LuckyPink.png LuckyPinkT.png
    • Lucky Pink
    CharacterLuckyPink.png

FluffyPuffy.png FluffyPuffyT.png
    • Fluffy Puffy
    CharacterFluffyPuffy.png

CubixCube.png CubixCubeT.png
    • Cubix Cube (3rd)
    • Whoops (Might have copyright issues, probably not accepted)
    CubixCube02.png

DreadfulSkull.png DreadfulSkullT.png DreadfulSkull2.png DreadfulSkull2T.png
    • Dreadful Skull (1st)
    CharacterDreadfulSkull.png CharacterDreadfulSkull2.png

LegendarySamurai.png LegendarySamuraiT.png
    • Legendary Samurai (2nd)
    • Whoops (Similar to hats from the Aquatic race, probably not accepted)
    CharacterLegendarySamurai.png

Poll is now closed, we now have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference. Now just waiting for the developers to have a look. I can make new hat designs if they are not good enough lol, just let me know if that's the case. :up:

AstroBlast and V For Vendetta like this.
  2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I think the skull one looks pretty cool!

XRiZUX and MaxLexandre like this.
  3. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Would have voted Samurai hat, but that Deadfull Skull fits and looks just too good.

4. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I was thinking to allow multiple votes but that could end up in a draw again, so I decided not to... :coffee:

5. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Biased towards Skulls for some unknown reason.

ST4TICStriker likes this.
  6. Keadin

Keadin Big Damn Hero

Liking the skull a lot, wow! The samurai hat is a close second for me though.

7. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

The Cubix Cube is definitely my favorite. I really like how juxtaposing it is with the humanoid character.

8. Cronotrigger

Cronotrigger Big Damn Hero

The Skull is my Fav but maybe a little Idea to make it even better, something like a red ribal or scar on its Side?

And to be honest im glad that Players like you support Starbound with this ammount of Money here active !

Me for myself could not spend so mutch on it cause my Company is reducing People and my Payment is also cut and i got a Family to feed
    but enough of this!

Lets look into the Future for an really EPIC Game :)

XRiZUX likes this.
  9. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

I like the Skull ones abut Samurai looks good aswell

10. V For Vendetta

V For Vendetta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would've picked the Cubix Cube if I knew if the effect on it was it spinning, eventually getting all the colors right, then resets by reversing the animation. That's the one I would pick over the Dreadful Skull, if it did that.

11. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I was thinking something like this too, but I don't know if the developers would allow that, so I just leave it that way... :p

12. Cubix Cube obviously. Do you know how many unsatisfied Asians there would be if it wasn't implemented?

13. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Seeing the puzzle unsolved would trigger their ocd and you would have an advantege in the game ;)

AstroBlast likes this.
  14. FreeSmile

FreeSmile Phantasmal Quasar

I like the pink and samurai hat, they look very nice :)

15. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

Since the Hylotl are samurai as well, there will probably be samurai hats already. Still voted for the samurai hat though, because I simply need to vote for samurai stuff.
    The skull is awesome too, but it's somewhat generic (as in, I think the devs would have designed this kind of hat already).

I do love the Cubix Cube though, original and cool. Considering the above two statements I suggest you decide between the first three hats in the list.

16. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Good points, but I have no way of knowing exactly what the devs have already created for the game, these designs are just the first five that came to mind at the time... I could make more designs but then I would have to decide all over again, I'm bad at deciding things sometimes... :p

That's why I made this thread :coffee:

17. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

Makes sense. How about trying to contact the staff and asking them whether they have already implemented similar designs?

XRiZUX likes this.
  18. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Not a bad idea, I will ask :)

MachoBandit likes this.
  19. Inheritor

Inheritor Space Spelunker

Voted for the skull, though I like the samurai one too.

20. Affero

Affero Contributor

The spriting could use some work, but I'm sure the devs will help you along the way to awesomeness and something that fits the style.
    But if I'm only supposed to choose my favority concept, I choose the Cubix Cube!