1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Workaround to "UuidException: Size mismatch in reading Uuid from ByteArray: 3 vs 16" bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by dogma04, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogma04

dogma04 Void-Bound Voyager

TL-DR: don't leave extraneous files in your Starbound directories.

I experienced this bug last night after a minor crash. Details HERE. I tried deleting my win32 folder, reinstalling. Removing the game via steam, reinstalling. Nothing worked.

Then this afternoon when poking around I noticed that even when uninstalled Steam retained my player and universe folders. I moved them out and launched it. Worked fine. Moved my universe folder back, launched fine. Moved my player folder back in. Crash on startup w/ the same bug.

Looked in the folder, removed the most recent used group of files. Launch/Crash. Remove all player files but my backup .7z made prior to installing a mod. Still crashed. So I moved the .7z out. Worked fine. Moved all the player files back in, works fine.

So just giving folks heads up, exercise good sense and clean up your backups when through with them.

-Dogma

RvLesh likes this.
  2. Mendo

Mendo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks, this made me realize why I was getting this crash, I had named one of my player files xxx_backup.player but changing it to xxx.player_backup fixed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.