Modding Help WIP: AVP Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by bruriel, Dec 21, 2013.

?

Upload the MOD when it still WIP ?

1. Yes

96.7%
  2. No

3.3%
  1. bruriel

bruriel Space Spelunker

Hello Guys :)

I'm here to ask some help for one of my personal mods.

Since the first race's mod came up, I've started working in this little one but, probably I can't do everything alone.

That's about AVP Universe and I've already done somethings like :

(Already in Progress)

Yautja's Face and 1 Male and Female Hair
    Yautja's Male and Female Body (thx Girlfriend !)
    [​IMG] My Shit work... compared to [​IMG] Girlfriend :D

Custom Yautja's Starter Equipment's ( Already started with a Basic Model, feel Free to Post new ones and win Credits :D )
    Codex and Quests. ( having some issues here, because my English is really rusty )

[​IMG]--->[​IMG]

(trying to shape the visual. up : Now things gonna happen ! I've enslaved my Girlfriend to do some Pixels !)

Planned Features

- Xenomorph Enemies ( Found some useful parts and unique monster to start modding ! )
    - Xenomorph Dungeons ( Gonna happen thanks to Starstructor ! )
    - Xenomorph Items ( like Cranium Mask and Spine Spear )

(w8 for some feedback before work in this one)
    - Malak'Kak Enemies ( Its the Prometheus Giant one)
    - Malak'kak Dungeons ( Crashed Ships and Underground Bases !)
    - Malak'kak Items ( Armour and Weapons)

So, If someone wanna help with Tricks, tips or 1 extra hand, I'll be really glad :)

Already have uploaded this mod as Yautja Race

just the Race for Tests and Feedbacks.

after Holidays I'll bring all Tiers Customized and Invisibility Tech for Test !

sorry for my English, I'm a hu3hu3 BR trying to do something better than Trolling.

Thanks for the Attention.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    greyfox6113 and zortbg like this.
  2. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, bruriel,
    nice idea for the AVP theme :)

Regarding the ships this can help you a lot:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starstructor-the-starbound-toolset.152/
    a tool editing the structure files and able to open ship files in GUI for editing.
    After that (since v. Offended Koala) pack in Mods folder with .modinfo file and you're good to go with the ships.

I hope this is useful :) If i find some free time in future i can help you out even more, but let's see how things will be post-holidays! :D

Keep it up!

3. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

lol cool I knew this was coming lol

4. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

Great work on the race art. I'm planning on making some AVP stuff myself. If you find the stuff good enough maybe you'd want to add it to your mod.

I'm just getting my feet wet with modding, and in the middle of making a biodiesel refinery right now. But I'm definitely going to take a good shot at optic camouflage tech, and a shoulder mounted plasma caster.

zortbg and bruriel like this.
  5. bruriel

bruriel Space Spelunker

That's great :)

I was planning something like that, modding the Buster bow into a Turtleshell shooter and doing some Pixel Art for the Plasma Caster, but Holidays are leeching all my time ;(

If you need some help, don't forget we're in the same boat !

zortbg and Monkeybiscuit like this.
  6. gh44444

gh44444 Void-Bound Voyager

Um sorry if im postin this question in the wrong area but where do you get the helmet cause idk where or how to get it

7. bruriel

bruriel Space Spelunker

Spinning Wheel works, I always use Tabula Rasa to test, but I really believe that is there !

8. coke13

coke13 Aquatic Astronaut

could u maybe ad like some weapons and stuff (and dose this mod have compatibility problems?)

9. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

I think I know how you could get the xenomorph wall climbing to work via a tech.

You'd need to have 4 rectangular collision functions, one to the right, one to the left, one below and one above the player, and play different crawling animations based on player key presses. You can have the animation return to "crawling idle" when say trying to head up when in an upper corner.

Code:
    -----
         X]
          ]
          ]
    Kind of like that.

10. coke13

coke13 Aquatic Astronaut

ad a katana pls i always thought it would be epic to have a predator holding a katana

11. cpt. simon

cpt. simon Aquatic Astronaut

two things. im not sure if its to much to ask but do you think you could add in some traps you make?? in the movie the predator always had traps so I thought it would be cool

also I was just wandering, what tiers of armor are there in the mod now??

12. starseedgrower

starseedgrower Master Chief

Awesome mod .. You both did a fantastic job.

I am wondering though. am I supposed to start naked as pred?

lamanhtoan03 likes this.
  13. darkqueen

darkqueen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i know no one has replied to this forum in a while but i had an idea for this mod
    -Queen xeno boss spawner, so essentially its a dead person with a hole in there chest, sorta think like the decoy princess style of being tied up but human.
    -pred alien boss spawner, its a dead predator sitting up against a rock with a hole in its chest

14. greyfox6113

greyfox6113 Aquatic Astronaut

has anymore work/updating been done to the mod thus far? there are still no armors or weapons (for yautja). this an awesome idea for a mod and hopefully the follow through will be the same.