1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cpt_FluffyBottom, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Cpt_FluffyBottom

Cpt_FluffyBottom Aquatic Astronaut

My electric shortsword I got from a mini boss is setting enemies on fire? It also shoots an orb thingy

2. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Most melee weapons have two attacks, activated by using the right or left mouse buttons, respectively. In my experience, fire and electricity tend to get matched up pretty often.

SeaMichelle and Serenity like this.
  3. Cpt_FluffyBottom

They both activate with 1 button, plus since its a shortsword I can add poison too so I can do all 3 (idk if theres more)

4. LunaFoxy

LunaFoxy Void-Bound Voyager

Why complain? It sounds great.

SeaMichelle and Serenity like this.
  5. Cpt_FluffyBottom

I'm just wondering why it doesn't show the fire element when you look at it?

6. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Because fire is a sneaky punk.

Are you playing on Stable, or Nightly? I've seen a lot of melee weapons that change elements if they are used in mainhand (left click) or offhand (right click), but I haven't found any that have two elemental properties at once (shoots orb AND burns).

Serenity likes this.
  7. Cpt_FluffyBottom

I'm playing stable, I don't know what nightly is, is it testing the newer features? I've found a bone hammer so I don't really use it anymore.

8. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Yep! Nightly is for testing the brand new features that may or may not be fully implemented (AKA it's broken most of the time).