1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vector Squared -- Starbound Community News, Issue #5

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nababoo, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Such is the quantum science...
    *Chuckles*

You have no idea. ;)

2. RexMori

RexMori Industrial Terraformer

As regards to the Q&A:
    I like tungsten; in it's pure form it's melting point is the second highest (highest is carbon) at 3,422 C (thirty-four times the vaporization point of water), it is used to make armor piercing bullets (think about that, the things penetrate TANKS), and is the heaviest element used in living creatures. :geek:

nababoo likes this.
  3. slaticus

slaticus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know what else can penetrate the depleted uranium armor of modern tanks? Convex shaped charges made of copper. For real. It will cut through them like butter. The Iraqis would put them on the road in a metal trash can with a small explosive. The bomb, when ignited, would force the copper into a super heated needle that can kill everyone inside.

The more you know.

nababoo likes this.
  4. Adamantium :DD

Adam # likes this.
  5. LastSuicide

LastSuicide Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey guys, I like the science trivia part. Keep up the good work. ;)

nababoo likes this.
  6. Adam #

Adam # Big Damn Hero

/me tium :D

7. "Increasing the scientific literacy rate of SB since 2012"

LastSuicide likes this.
  8. If you're ever looking for more stuff to write or something, I'd suggest doing a feature on a clan or corporation.

9. We feel that'd be too exclusive, seeing as there's a whole bunch of them. We may interview people, though, for segments or whatnot.

10. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

Can I subsribe for the newspaper to be delivered weekly? I'll pay :D

nababoo likes this.
  11. It's already being delivered weekly, but we'd sure appreciate some pixels. One can never have enough moneh.

12. News Flash!

The long-awaited Hat Contest is finally over! After many hard days of working on your pet project, I'm sure it'll bring you much satisfaction to hear that the time for nerve-wracking checking of the Starbound homepage is over. 380 entries were received -- many more than the staff originally expected, probably leading to the long time of judging (and on a side note, say thanks to the judges! It must've been hard trawling through all those threads...). In fact, so many people joined that 10 winners were chosen! One first-place winner and nine more runner ups. Say congratulations to them!

The entries:
    • The Boxman's Bodacity
    • Corobockle
    • The Steampunk Helmet
    • Sensory Squid
    • The Motivator
    • The Thinking Cap
    • The Scalpion
    • Benevolent Face-Leech
    • The Pink Eye Parasite
    • The Caustic Stag Helmet
    Quite a number! They all had an amazing amount of creativity involved. Now, the next task -- what shall be the next contest? Wonder and ponder. Many possibilities await!

Noc likes this.
  13. Shooting Star

I meant delivered at my doorstep :D

14. Print it out, stitch the pages together every night, and throw them onto your porch.

It should be there by morning.

15. Shooting Star

Nobody got time for that besides it probably gets stolen then

nababoo likes this.
  16. Sensational

Sensational Phantasmal Quasar

Please, print one of them for the giggles.

nababoo likes this.