1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vector Squared -- Starbound Community News, Issue #2

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nababoo, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

If it's graphics you want, just give me a set of numbers and I'll make a graph.

2. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Looks like you may need to do a "Breaking News!" edition what with the new contest.

3. Yeah... how should I go about doing it? A "News Flash" post, or something similar? Or an edit to the issue... perhaps both, maybe.

4. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I would edit the post. If you like I can change the title.

5. I can edit the post fine o_O
    And the title's fine as well. Thanks for offering, though.

I'll just do an news flash thing. Post + Link + Edit
    EDIT: Also, please excuse a double post, as that's probably what I'll be doing for a "proper" thing. :p

6. News Flash!
    Contest located here.

Well, this week, we talked about contests -- and interestingly enough, a single day before we published. Where were you, informants? //sarcasm// Anyways, this contest seems to be the exact response to what we requested in our news article -- community involvement, even some input into the game (in the form of a hat.) It's also a wonderful opportunity for folks such as you, the everyman, to have some say in the community, get recognized, and do things you would never do in real life. Be prepared, my friends, to get famous in the community. Just imagine becoming a celebrity, wearing that hat of yours...

Anyways, onto the stuff that you pragmatists like. The terms. The full list is on the thread, but we'll summarize it here for your enjoyment. You basically have to make a hat, using whatever skills you having -- pixeling, writing, pencil art, music, anything you can lay your hands on, in order to make the perfect hat that will win the competition. The mods will be judging again, and the entries will be judged on creativity. So that means you can pluck whatever twisted ideas come to mind, fellow Starbounders. The best of luck to you. Let us end with a quote:

Ghostar likes this.
  7. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Breaking News:
    Tiy to Insert Everything Found In Nature, Release Postponed 55 years (est.)
    Today it was revealed via unannounced live feed that Tiy has decided to code in "every aspect of the real world"

8. Spike

Spike Supernova

.... No. Just.... urgh.
    FFFFFFF I hope they don't REALLY delay the date of release; that'll be catastrophin.
    They breaks down your microtubuels in your cells to allow for restructuring mainly during mitosis.
    [​IMG]

9. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Don't like the contest?

10. Spike

Spike Supernova

As long as it's vanity, it's not of too much interest to me.

11. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

The official post doesn't say it has to be a vanity item, though. It's very well possible that the hats can confer special traits and the like.

12. Spike

Spike Supernova

Right.... and I'd prefer for people to just voice their ideas of how the hat would look like and function, so we can just get a lot of active contest entries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.