Various Space Nebula Colors...

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Gene, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

All the space screenshots we've seen so far (e.g. these) show a space nebula in only one color: blue.

[​IMG]

It would be great is space was more varied! Real-universe nebulas exist in pretty much any color, and we can't have Starbound be more boring than real life, can we?

Below is an example animation of what it would look like to travel between different sectors of space, each in a different-colored nebula:

space_colors.gif

For even more variety, the occasional space sector could be plain ol' black space.

Jonesy likes this.
  2. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I like the idea, adds a bit of variety.

I also don't mind the current background colour either though, one of those purely aesthetic suggestions that's good either way

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I kinda like the idea. I'd like it even more if you sped up the gif and added the caption "Party hard!".

4. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

partyhard.gif
    P A R T Y H A R D !
    partyhard_ooo.gif

Trivia: the second image animation actually is twice as slow as the first one (40ms frame for first image, 80ms frame for second), but it appears faster to the eye because I intentionally placed the the first image's frames to transition through close-by colors in order (e.g. red-orange-yellow), whereas the second one has colors intentionally placed to be as different from the previous frame as possible, (e.g. red-blue-yellow)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Jonesy likes this.
  5. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Ha! That's almost enough to give people seizures. Not me though, I'm pretty immune to that kind of th;anWifdn'eassanfhsoenf'pvsdnfngduvzdvmmfetr89ygewsWB4T'NEWS08