Vanity: Sub-nudity.

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Torruun, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Honest opinion, good idea(s) or not?

1. A&E + BBG are both good ideas.

77.0%
  2. Only A&E is a good idea.

6.6%
  3. Only BBG is a good idea.

3.3%
  4. Neither are a good idea.

13.1%
  1. Torruun

Torruun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now, I'm sure we all know Adam & Eve, and the rather *ahem* attire they wore. Now, since I sincerely doubt that the developers want to use biblical names, I've replaced their names, and switched their places in both order, and which begins with which letter. Adeline the female, and Evan the male.

Okay, I'm sure you're wondering what all that nonsense was for, but trust me it's relevant. I would like to see a set of vanity items based on this, as I think it'd be hilarious to slay the king of Throgs wearing nothing but leaves. Also, it'd have some RP use if one is planning on being some kind of space druid.

My idea is this; a vanity shirt "Adeline" that removes one's shirt (and places leaves on the breasts if female), and vanity pants "Evan" that takes your pants off, and places a leaf over one's genitals.

ALSO! While coming up with this idea, I also thought about nudists. Some people just plain don't like to wear clothes, and I'm sure expressing that in a game can be hard to do. Well, how about a "Black Bar Generator"?

Essentially, it'd be in two pieces. A top, and a bottom. The top would remove ones shirt (and place a black bar over the breasts if female) and the bottom would remove the pants and place a black bar over the genitals.

Again, slaying bosses in this attire would be ridiculously funny for anyone but the prudest of prudes. Also, skinny-dipping anyone? :D

EDIT!: If any developer sees, or hears about this, you have my full permission to use my ideas. (even though I highly doubt you will)

2. Something like this?
    225px-Censored_couple.png
    :D

3. Torruun

E-bleeping-xactly.
    I wanted to put up pics, but I couldn't find a picture of Adam & Eve where Eve's breasts were covered by leaves, so I gave up :p

blind sniper likes this.
  4. Torruun

juust erm...bumping this. Y'know, just in case no one's seen it. :cautious:

Dice - AV likes this.
  5. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Why not just use the template whitout clothes, but whit hair and etc? I dont think it could really offend anyone, as i have seen cartoons for kids on where they show more.

[​IMG]

Stargazer and xboy777 like this.
  6. Torruun

I am fairly bad at spriting. I've tried on terraria, and I ended up making a mockery of what I saw in my head. :rofl:

Er...Wait, you mean "why bother having these items if the nude model is not offensive?" don't you? o.o

My answer to THAT would be that a lot of people ARE offended by nudity, and children WILL play this game. What I'm offering are essentially the least offensive depictions of nudity that I can think of that would be viable as vanity. The Black Bar Generator is also pretty comical in of itself.

However, were I to put my own two cents into the pot, I'd say I'd rather not have a "completely nude" option. I'm a person that's offended when he logs onto a minecraft server, and people have nude skins. Hell, I've seen a person have his entire outfit in terraria the same color as his skin, so he looked like he was naked. Even that sickens me to an extent. But I do see the comical value in it, which is why I suggested "sub-nudity".

Dice - AV likes this.
  7. Danne Renm

Danne Renm Void-Bound Voyager

I quite like the idea. Having a "black Bar" outfit would be quite hilarious. I don't think it should be in the main game though. Maybe an Easter egg or bought from A special NPC?

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Aquatic Astronaut

If the black bar outfit existed, I would never equip any other vanity items. xD I like this idea.

9. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this idea. It's clever and adds that extra layer of humor to the game.

It top bar shouldn't be gender-specific because I know there are probably some people, not me personally, who think it's wrong that guys can show nipples and girls can't. Plus I think it would be even more hilarious if the male was wearing both bars when killing powerful monsters. Idk why but the weird thought of it makes me laugh :rofl:

Personally, I don't see how it can offend anyone. Since it's not real and just pixels, it doesn't make too much difference to me. I do understand there are most likely going to be those "extremist" parents who wont let their children play because there was "simulated" nudity, even if it is just a group of pixels. I also like the idea of having to acquire these items to be able to be nude because there would be naked players running around everywhere just like in a lot of MMO's.

10. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

If done it should be a server optional item.

What if you get it for completing an achievement like

As long as you're not wearing anything: go 50 days without wearing any armor or vanity items

xboy777 and Omegatron like this.
  11. Pyrotanis

Pyrotanis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Out of curiosity, where did you get this from? I don't know if I'm referencing the right poster.

12. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Also, there could be an item for androids only called the ro-butt

xboy777 and Omegatron like this.
  13. Dice - AV

Dice - AV Astral Cartographer

Now I can finally fulfill my dream of running into a server naked and harrassing people with my genitali- I mean... Umm... Good idea poster! Haha...

14. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

I should add a black bar as vanity item and your "Adeline and Evan" clothes to my nude mod.

EDIT:

I don't want to sound rude, but were you saying you couldn't sprite this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    djtooth likes this.
  15. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

HAH. Please, kids these days are swearing at 7 smoking at 9 and having sex by 10. Its a terrible generation, we don't have to censor any games. xD
    Its the degradation of a generation of a nation.

16. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

So...your response is that we must encourage this and go farther with it? I'm not sure I understand how this is going to change the current situation except to then say "And working in nudie bars at 12"...

I think the black bars would be funny, and the Adeline and Evan should be remade into a Floran-styled outfit... Some of the starter Floran clothes are very similar, and this could be a good reason for other races to WANT to find Floran Villages (clothes shopping, duh).

The description could even be:
    "Hmm, the tag says Adeline?"