Update Overview/Analysis

Discussion in 'Videos' started by GermanJesus, Feb 28, 2012.

1. GermanJesus

GermanJesus Big Damn Hero

Hello, people, extraterrestrial penguins, and forum goers, alike. I wanted to try my hand at some commentary about Starbound and it's progress. :)

I probably will not be the only one in these videos, as I've been discussing with my friends and they seem to want to get involved! Maybe some dual commentaries. Hopefully we will still do this when the game is released and we may do some gameplay videos. :D

Without further ado, I present you with this:

And there's this one, too.

Make sure you stay tuned, and subscribe so you know just when a video is released. There's more going on than just Starbound on the Channel. ;)

2. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

dude, your video is good, but your audio is complete garbage. like... I wouldn't post it bad.

also, too much black screen. way too much black screen.

But from what I could make out, your voice is good for commentary, your mic just blows donkey butts.

3. GermanJesus

Yeah, I know... It's a relatively cheap mic, and the sensitivity was quite high. Fuzziness and the occasional clink shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Plus, the blackness will change. There just wasn't much to put in it's place.

4. Jermex

I would probably take that video down, it isnt ready for the web.

People might take one look, and never check you out again.

im just tellin ya to help

5. GermanJesus

I have some free time, so I'll redo the commentary. ;) Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Jermex likes this.
  6. Jermex

This is way improved, good job pal.

GermanJesus likes this.
  7. Snacks

Snacks Master Chief

That's pretty awesome imo, nothing new, but keep it up!

Jermex likes this.
  8. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I look forward to seeing more of these, even though I knew all this already ;D

GermanJesus and Jermex like this.
  9. GermanJesus

Hence my outro. :p

EGadd likes this.
  10. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still fun to watch :3

Alpha_Squad and GermanJesus like this.
  11. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

probably one of the more interesting videos to watch, hope more there will be more information for you to enrich our knowledge.

GermanJesus likes this.
  12. GermanJesus

Currently waiting for the next Update to be released so my friend Chase and I may record an overview of it. In the meantime, I'm working out some kinks to improve the videos themselves. I've fixed the black bar issue and I've managed to decrease the rendered file size! It's about 1/10th of what I was getting! From 55 MB for a 5 second clip to 5.4 MB. :D

13. Jermex

Alrighty, here is a little tip. I enjoy the way your present these videos, but you need to make them FAST or you just wont get the hits.

There will be another update on friday (im pretty sure) you should do a video on that, and also incorporate anything from Blue's collection that might be related.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/blues-collection-of-info.450/page-5#post-16602

This will allow you to inject your individual perspective, and therefore contribute something a little more unique.

14. the one who

the one who Void-Bound Voyager

cool vid! i really enjoyed and am going to go check out your youtube channel :)

GermanJesus likes this.
  15. GermanJesus

Sadly, no new video this week. :cry:

Promise to get one out fast when the next Update is released which should be next week, or the following. GeorgeV says it will be a good one.
    I'll probably have my friend there with me so you don't just have to listen to me ramble on my own.

16. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

excellent! :D very charismatic

GermanJesus likes this.
  17. GermanJesus

:D After two weeks of waiting for a blog, more Rendering failures than I care to admit to, and 13 hours without internet, there is FINALLY a new video up.

It has been added to the OP, but here is a quick link to it for your convenience: Click me!

18. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

I would appreciate it if you uploaded more.

Hypnotoad.jpg

GermanJesus likes this.
  19. GermanJesus

I'd like to. :p

My friend and I will probably start recording actual games, both co-op and single player. I'll talk to him, and maybe daily or bi-daily uploads will happen sooner or later. I'll reserve updating the thread for Starbound-related videos, though.

20. Cacame

Cacame Phantasmal Quasar

I like it because you don't yell like most other commentators trying to make it exciting.

GermanJesus likes this.