1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unstable Update - What's in it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Platysaur, Jan 26, 2015.

1. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

i prefer this. i like putting apex starter clothes on my human and this makes it very very easy.

2. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

That's pretty much the only reason for.

3. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it just me... or my homeworld has been reset (or it's coordinates changed)?

If it was reset, I kinda lost a lot of work there :( (not complaining, I know it's unstable).

4. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, worlds were reset, sorry. x.x

5. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

Yea my base is gone, wish I could have scavenged a few things before it vanished :/

6. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

Hmmm. Is there a way to copy the "world" file of our home world from the previous unstable and just paste it in to this new version? That seems too good to be true, but can anyone confirm that is the case? Also, if that is the case, if I collect stuff from my base and move it into my ship, will that at least let me keep some of it? It seems possible if there is no player/ship wipe. It's totally worth the reset to get the new content, but if I can save anything, I'd like to try.

7. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ships are safe.

They edited/added a few things to planets, so they were reset. :/ So the ships are safe, just the planets aren't!

Fresh Ears likes this.
  8. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

It seems this surprise update broke the game for me; I crash as soon as I see the CF logo, and none of the usual fix-it-ups work.

This is the error log I get:

Code:
    Start logging at: 2015-01-27 03:22:02.656
    [03:22:02.656] Info: Star::Root using bootstrap file 'E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32\sbboot.config'
    [03:22:02.656] Info: Star::Root using storage directory 'E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage_unstable'
    [03:22:02.656] Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    [03:22:02.657] Info: Loading Configuration with config file: 'starbound.config'
    [03:22:02.657] Info: Creating default Star::Configuration
    [03:22:02.657] Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '.\../storage_unstable\starbound.config'
    [03:22:02.659] Info: Pre-loading Star::Root with 2 assets sources
    [03:22:02.660] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../assets/packed.pak'
    [03:22:02.660] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../assets/user'
    [03:22:02.993] Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    [03:22:02.993] Info: Client version 'Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe - Update 2' Protocol: 663
    [03:22:02.993] Info: Initialized SDL
    [03:22:03.000] Info: Initialized SDL Video
    [03:22:03.007] Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    [03:22:03.009] Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    [03:22:03.058] Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    [03:22:03.064] Info: Finishing loading Star::Root...
    [03:22:03.071] Info: Initializing SDL Window
    [03:22:03.112] Info: Created initial window 1000x600
    [03:22:03.132] Info: Renderer initialized
    [03:22:03.405] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [03:22:03.405] Info: Initializing SDL Window
    [03:22:03.434] Info: Re-created window 1280x968
    [03:22:03.452] Info: Renderer initialized
    [03:22:03.493] Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '.\../storage_unstable\starbound.config'
    [03:22:04.061] Error: Access violation detected at 0x800 (Read of address 0x800)
    [03:22:04.229] Error: Stack Trace...
      SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline()
    I'm hoping that @OmnipotentEntity sees this and sheds some light on it. I already have a Code Monkey Banana ready for him. :p

9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I don't know about that - but the new update is fantastically optimized. I am seeing huge performance gains

10. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

It is no cheatersetting, more a funitem.
    It can be craftet (real legal) outof these green placeholder cubes you find sometimes when the game finds the correct Item not (Perfect Generic Object)

namikenji likes this.
  11. Zkaface

Zkaface Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got the new font. I got broken modded items - that's good (or bad for fun-players).

The worst thing is, i am not able to set any furniture/item on my multiplayer server (dunno if it happens on foreign ones, too). They disappear instantly! That really sucks!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  12. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Most people reports a performance increase at the outpost (including myself). So its very weird that the frame drop/frame stuttering increased for you instead.

13. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Performance is strange, since its so subjective.

I get straight up 30 to 60 fps, just about everywhere, with 60 guaranteed underground, while others get about 10.

Strange eh?

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

And I thought I was the only one. I tried to set the MM to.. well, M, and I still can only use it by typing R; instead, when typing M, I get the thing I got in my tool bar under "9".

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Seeing as how ,imo, they followed suggestions for the grunts, this paying customer is totally cool with it.

16. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

I found a gnome that shoots rainbows with what sounds like harp music. That new?

17. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Not realy, already in the previous unstable.

18. namikenji

namikenji Void-Bound Voyager

yeah i know but if you use admin command and fail to get item you can get it too :disshappy:

19. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

As someone who plays all but one of his characters on Hardcore, I really appreciate that I can have a base to stockpile things, whilst the adventurers die as if it were a rogue-like.

MakeMeMad and Darklight like this.
  20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Like another kind of outpost :p