1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn off hunger.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Fianna101, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Fianna101

Fianna101 Space Hobo

How do I turn off hunger in this game? I read it was optional but can't find the option.

Thanks

2. Alexor

Alexor Star Wrangler

That doesn't seem to be implemented yet, unfortunately. At any rate, you thankfully don't have to eat terribly often. A small farm with a half dozen crops should provide you with more than enough sustenance.

3. Sidrat

Sidrat Big Damn Hero

I too would like to turn hunger off, for the express purpose of making a coffee and having a cigarette without having to turn the client off.

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

If you sit in a bed or chair it stops your hunger going down :)

#StarboundsBestKeptSecrets

5. Sidrat

Sidrat Big Damn Hero

I'll be building myself a comfortable room with a view to sit in. Perhaps with a window to look out of. Thank you for that, guess not all decorative items are actually decorative.

6. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Wrong post? :V

7. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

If you want no hunger, use the training mod that can give you infinite full status. Hunger issues gone.

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It was a satirical remark based on Ryu's comment

9. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Oh. Derp.

10. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

That'd be nice to have, but it'd ruin the nice ''Yay I grew/found a plant!'' and ''Yay I just ate it!!'' feeling.
    I'm playing the game since about two weeks..and I love to cook from those recipes.
    Actually can't wait till they'll put in more ^^

So yeah, as Ryu said.. if we need to get out really quick we can just sit on a chair without dying. (that sounds weird..)

11. Sidrat

Sidrat Big Damn Hero

That's why it's not very intuitive. I wish the game had a lot more recipes, but being able to cook so much meat from killing the monsters means you really don't have to grow crops to make other food types, which is a shame as farms and exploration/trade for seeds can be a positive influence on exploration.

Steaks should have a reduction in their food value.

12. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

I couldn't agree more, you're totally in my viewpoint. I'm posting later a lot of other recipe ideas, will PM you the link. :love:

13. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Honestly, hunger hasn't been a big trouble for me, I just carry around like 32 of that fruit thing, forgetting the name of it.

14. R_C_A^

R_C_A^ Pangalactic Porcupine

I dunno, it seemed to me when i ate meat my char got hungry again faster then if i ate something i grew, like sweet corn. Don't know if that's actually a thing though, or if its just in my head? Seemed too me that when i got enough sweet corn growing i never had hunger problems again.

15. penguinhammer

penguinhammer Space Spelunker

When I bought several hundred Avismingo (or whatever they're called), hunger stopped being an issue at all. Seriously, farming practically pointless.

16. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Mods are the solution of all your problems! and sometime the cause
    Personally I was disappointed when they had reduce the hunger
    rate and put meat drop everywhere... (that was after the first beta)
    but well... I play a lot of survival game so I am used to search the food,
    farm, to pile up what I have find etc...

17. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, the reason I carry 32 foodstuff is because of minecraft.

18. Warkupo

Warkupo Big Damn Hero

You are given such an abundance of food early on that anything challenging about it ceases to be relevant. At that point hunger is merely a constant annoyance, requiring you to stop what you're doing to click on an item in your inventory every 10 minutes. I can definitely understanding wanting to turn it off as it doesn't really add anything to the experience beyond minor role play.

Thankfully there are mods that will do just that.

19. Sidrat

Sidrat Big Damn Hero

You only use half of the slot when 64 would take up the exact amount of space? Unless you're wary about losing that amount of food. I have a farming method on my blog and you tube channel, I'll pm you the links.

20. Sidrat

Sidrat Big Damn Hero

I don't think saturation exists currently and the food meter drops at a constant rate, unless you're sitting in a chair or in bed. I know the burgers can cover more health points, but ugg burgers.