1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED TS technologies - The Beaker + The Crusher and Reclaimer

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Toast_Storm, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Toast_Storm

Toast_Storm Space Penguin Leader

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Joottiming and Saravind like this.
  2. Saravind

Saravind Tentacle Wrangler

solves the storage problem i was having now dont need so many 64 slot chest :)

3. Toast_Storm

Haha, yep I had the very same problem, plus being a bit of a hoarder I hate to throw things away xD

4. juskom95

juskom95 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks neat, but I'm seeing a crash anytime I attempt to use your mod.
    I have eliminated any other mod running, but your mod will continue to crash any time attempt to use any of your three devices.
    Seems like a good mod, but I can't get it to work.

5. Toast_Storm

So the crash is only when you activate a machine? Sounds like a interface error to me, did you place the mod just in the assets folder? If you put it in, say, a folder called 'mods' or anywhere else it would mess with the interface trying to find my custom images for it, though the rest of the mod would most likely work fine.

6. iPwnned

iPwnned Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey Toast_Storm thought to let you know i did a spotlight on your mod, keep up the great work!

7. juskom95

I tried both, but I'm going to do a clean install of Starbound just in case and see what happens.

8. Voidnaut

Voidnaut Big Damn Hero

I also have the game crash when I attempt to activate the machine. You're saying that it must be installed in the native /assets/ folder to work properly?

It's not ideal... do we know why? Not that I'm blaming you, it's an awesome mod and we're all working with limitations, especially this early. Just wondering if there's a reason it can't be loaded from a bootstrapped directory.

9. juskom95

I think I installed mine incorrectly.
    I believe the TSTech folder must go under assets (. . . .\assets\TSTech) which I am going to try later today.

Voidnaut likes this.
  10. Voidnaut

Voidnaut Big Damn Hero

Your avatar cracks me up btw.

juskom95 likes this.
  11. juskom95

Hey, you need coffee when fighting the spawn of hell.

12. Toast_Storm

Thanks! Tha'ts a really great lil review, and thanks to that I noticed that biofuel had reverted back to 10 fuel cost again, but I was honestly planning to make that balance change, so I guess things just work themselves out.
    If its okay with you, I'll probably add that vid to the page somewhere below the images.

Yea the folder has to be in the exact place for it to find the interface art for the crafting, hence why it crashes only when the machines are used. I'm looking into things such as bootstrapping and mod loaders, but I honestly believe that simply dropping a folder into the assets folder is pretty easy and simple and just as easy to remove again, especially when beta can potentially just throw all these installation methods into the air any day.

That's right, I'll try make it more clear for now that this has to be the place of installation, hope it all alright now!

Voidnaut and juskom95 like this.
  13. juskom95

I should have paid more attention to it.
    Now, I get to try my favorite mods in the new update and see what I can break.

Voidnaut likes this.
  14. Voidnaut

Voidnaut Big Damn Hero

Thanks, Toast.

15. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know, you're probably my number one favorite modder in starbound and one of my top 5 in all modders (and I'm hard to impress). Having said that, totally wonderful new additions :3! I especially love the animations

Voidnaut likes this.
  16. Toast_Storm

Thanks! I tried hard to make them fit in and look as best I could, and they didn't REALLY need an animation, but it just looks so much more interesting with them :D
    And top 5, quite an honor! If I every stray from this path let me know, I'm doing this for all you after all! But it's still early days, and I still got a good few science-y ideas rattling around.

In other news, if I can stop playing Starbound for long enough, I'll try add a balance and cosmetic patch for the mod today, the newest 2 machines will hopefully be able to be colored, probably won't do the beaker though, as I think I might change the model a fair bit, and have some strong ideas on how.

17. Toast_Storm

Uploading a new version now, sadly it seems coloring objects isn't implemented yet, though the paint tool lets you color background and many vanilla items have lots of different colored version in their image files. Guss it will have to wait.
    On the balance side of things:
    -Oculemon (crop) now requires 8 to make one biofuel, could collect waaaay too many of these waaaay too fast in a single eyeball biome, practically got food for life on my first planet.
    -Beaker now requires 2 raw alien meat per one fuel, since it seems to be a lot more common now with the drop% increase and the bow being much more useful early game now.
    -Biofuel is now worth 10 fuel (well, it was before, even if it wasn't meant to be, but now its official!)
    -Approx 25% increase in amount of mineral mix needed for all reclaimer recipes. (Still with the ore gen system being a bit crazy atm, it's bit hard to tell if this is well balanced for now, it's subject to further change).

Starting work on the next part of the mod now! Have fun!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Voidnaut and lexietanium like this.
  18. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Lexie approves of this update :3. I've still yet to make my race mod coz I've been working on the game I'm making (finally got time coz it's finals week this week and next. I'm in hermit mode =( )

And true with the raw alien meat. I've been trying to harvest more leather but alien meat kept dropping. I saw a mod though that makes the drop rate 50:50.

19. iPwnned

iPwnned Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey Toast_Storm any future plans on more machines? If i may suggest i know this is a bit of a long shot but some sort of power system maybe hmm :)