1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Biome

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Degenerate Pixel, Mar 2, 2014.

1. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

What if the treasure biomes isn't infrequently generated, but only generated once.

A single planet among millions.

The Squid likes this.
  2. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We'd have no chance then

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

This Treasure Biome may be somewhat like the Search For Derrick ( @Yongzhi2000 ), but this biome isn't a cute little guys with many cousins, sooooo I don't know how many people will truly join the search for the Treasure Biome.

The Squid and Yzzey like this.
  4. FoxDE

FoxDE Void-Bound Voyager

wellllll....I have found some of my most prominent derricks underground, so theoretically, people can do both :)

I don't think the treasure biome is in the game yet personally, so I'll wait for confirmation on that before searching.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  5. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it isn't

there is no biome or gen for it

6. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Aww..

The Squid likes this.
  7. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

Okay so here's what appears to be up. Supposedly the settings for the biome is unintentionally limiting to where it can spawn. So much so that it appears to be ridiculously rare. Either that or completely broken. :p

We'll fix it soon.

8. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Part of me wants to say to not fix it...
    but at the same time part of me says go for it.

9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

I heard it must be friday 13th and you have to be using starbucks wi fi for the treasure biome to be generated :V

Scarletting and Farathil like this.
  10. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

If it's rarer than Derrick... fix it.

Slimy, dkdeath, Owl_Stalker and 5 others like this.
  11. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Shocking news! One of the treasures in the Treasure Biome is a statue of a Chucklefish Dev. I'm not pointing fingers or naming names, but GeorgeV is really motivated to make sure the Treasure Biome becomes much more common and accessible to all players.

I see nothing suspicious with this, nothing at all. ;)

12. Zanzabarr

Zanzabarr Void-Bound Voyager

That whole, "so it appears to be ridiculously rare" bit makes me want to go hunting pre-fix even with the "or [it's] completely broken" part at the end.... What to do. What to do.

Sidenote: while I enjoy knowing there is a GeorgeV statue available we need our other dev statues too :p

13. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Sweet lord of crackers and cheese, I can't wait to get my hands on some CF dev team booty.

14. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Careful there, one touch of said booty could get you slapped!

Dargona1018 likes this.
  15. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

So... it has, say, a 1/100000 chance of spawning directly under a mushroom biome? That kind of unintentional limiting?

16. Maxxcraft

Maxxcraft Starship Captain

Some legends tell that there would be a drunk leprechaun too, but these are just stories...

17. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

Hey peeps I believe the latest unstable build has included a more common treasure biome. I'm not 100% sure it's working. So if people who are playing in Unstable see the biome please post confirmation here.

EDIT: I'm told it probably works in Stable too. I think it'll still be quite rare, but hopefully not ridiculously rare to the point that it might as well not exist.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  18. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

I find it quite hilarious that even the devs don't know where this treasure biome is....(sarcasm and serious at the same time)

19. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

[NEW GAME]

Kind Of Like . . .

A real Mexican taco.

A funny Nicolas Cage meme.

A decent Justin Bieber concert.

20. Scarletting

Scarletting Void-Bound Voyager

*starts hunting furiously*
    I veel find eet!