1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Biome

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Degenerate Pixel, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Degenerate Pixel

Degenerate Pixel Phantasmal Quasar

Anyone find one yet or have any coordinates? I'm dying to see one, but I hate mining underground enough as is, since there's not currently much to do down there, and there's no guarantee of even finding one.

2. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I'd say go underground on the smallest planets. Since the layers are scaled to the planet size, the smaller ones will get you to the biomes faster, since they are smaller as well. I'm a fan of the digging in Terraria, which was where the meat of the game was, and have been itching for some content focused on the inner planet since I started playing.

greenman likes this.
  3. Degenerate Pixel

Degenerate Pixel Phantasmal Quasar

You're right, I'll scout around tiny planets yet. It feels like a bit of a goose chase since I haven't even heard tell that the biome has actually been implemented yet, for all I know it's still just assets and not actually a biome, but I desperately want to find it if it does exist

4. MarcusDemonicus

MarcusDemonicus Space Kumquat

what is a treasure biome?
    is it those little houses and streetlamps? if it is, its nothing special. no "treasure" to speak of.

5. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, that's most certainly not it. A treasure biome is made up of gold coin-like blocks and treasure everywhere. Literally, no joke here.

6. MarcusDemonicus

ahh..ok. never saw one of those. ive circled hundreds of planets but rarely mine deep unless its a desert/arid biome. ill keep an eye out.

7. UnsoundMrBlaze

UnsoundMrBlaze Void-Bound Voyager

I died from looking under ground for one. I was searching a snow planet, and I fell into this deep chasm while digging, and died from the intense ans long fall.

Mallacor likes this.
  8. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

sometimes it happens. i highly recommend gravity bubble or bubble boost techs, or perhaps a grappling hook. you can also cheeze it with double jump, i think, by jumping right before you hit the ground. when spelunking, always look before you leap, and be very careful of breaking the floor over a hole of unknown depth.

9. MarcusDemonicus

also, if your quick enough, you can place a block of dirt/stone under your feet if you havent fallen too far.

10. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Haven't seen one of these yet, but I do know one of the items is the statue of the almighty GeorgeV

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  11. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

always throw a flare down that hole, if you can still see its light then its safe to jump, if you cant then you have an earlier sign of the ground

12. gothixxx

gothixxx Space Spelunker

There are treasure biomes? :V

13. WtfzillaBro

WtfzillaBro Guest

I don't think it's really a biome. I think it's more of just a treasure microdungeon.

14. Zehrok

Zehrok Void-Bound Voyager

They said that they were going to add it, not sure if they did for the unstable people.

15. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

I believe it's in the game right now for you guys (it's supposed to be) but it's pretty rare, you know, being a treasure hoard and all.

16. MarcusDemonicus

do you "HAVE" to mine to find it or are there recognizable features on the surface to let you know youve found one?

17. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

Each layer in the game is independent of the layers above. There is no known mechanism to tie them together, at least for modders.

You have to dig, just like trying to get to a Heck biome.

18. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

If it's gold blocks and coins and whatnot... Go down the green pipe!

Mylos, Hugt, Dargona1018 and 2 others like this.
  19. MarcusDemonicus

so its a pipe on the surface then?
    cool. must be very rare then for me not to have found one already!
    thanks!

20. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

No, he was just making a Mario reference :p

Hugt and creep2death like this.