1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiy on the IRC about quests, quest advancement, and the PLAN

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by slaticus, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaticus

slaticus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Stumbled across this on twitter. This is from last night I believe. These are the highlights of the conversation and the full text can be found here.

[​IMG]

Sounds very cool to me. Procedurally generated quests are a good thing if done well. And the PVP info, if it holds up, is cool as anything that I have read before. Ransoming other players? Robbing NPCs? TAKE MY MONEY!

This may be the first non mmo that I invest any time in the PVP side of things.

Epicface, XRiZUX, hirakhos and 15 others like this.
  2. A nice find. :)

Holding players for ransom? That oughta be interesting xD

I like the freedom granted to the player that allows us to be whatever type of individual we want to be. :) Wanna be a space marauder? A hero of the people :p? A lone adventurer who minds his/her own business? Very interesting. ^^

3. slaticus

But I want to know how we would do that. How could we hold another player? How could the player escape? How could they prevent this from turning into a huge trolling fest?

4. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

Hopefully the holding other players aspect wouldn't be too obtrusive. Perhaps you'd mainly just be held hostage on that certain server? You'd still be able to do whatever in other places, but not that server.

It could help incorporate a kind of 'jail' aspect in a way for people who RP.

5. Prison planets! :up: That's something I'd like to see.

In terms of RP aspects, maybe even incorporated in the game itself (with NPCs and such), players would have to survive in the harsh prison and planetary environments, having to gather a specific amount of materials under forced labour to meet the designated requirements. Maybe they'd even have to survive certain events, such as natural disasters (lava bursts, snow storms) and hostile creatures. ^^

Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick keep crossing my mind. :p

6. paulpo215

paulpo215 Astral Cartographer

well as long as one way to achieve your quest involves killing the guide I am happy.:lolwut: What? it's not like I always keep the guide on the ground floor so he dies when there is a goblin invasion....
    yeah but at this point I am not sure if I want to have my forst playthrough a multiplayer or single player game. they just have made multiplayer so good

KIWI the cactus likes this.
  7. slaticus

That sounds infuriating.

8. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

....Bait Trap?
    Promise level 70 guns and trap them in indestructible blocks.
    :rofl:

9. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Holding players for ransom?
    As a pirate, i approve.

Shad0w and Karamunin like this.
  10. slaticus

My WTF level would skyrocket.

Sgt. Sprocket likes this.
  11. Sgt. Sprocket

So....
    Who here will become the most hated player in the entire forums?

pitfall likes this.
  12. slaticus

Too early to tell. But, I can tell you this, I will launch massive attacks to free players. VENGEANCE!

Sgt. Sprocket likes this.
  13. Sgt. Sprocket

Tiy should add a feature that lets people know if someone on the server has a pirated version of the game so we can grief their houses and troll them with traps.
    :DD

14. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

This sounds interesting. A lot of people have been wondering how the story aspect to the game would work, since that's what's been the least covered.

~ockpii

Karamunin likes this.
  15. slaticus

I am still in favor of just the sandbox version being released as a beta. I would play the brakes off of it.

Ultimario likes this.
  16. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

I am 100% against the release of a public beta.

~ockpii

Kumagoro, Stargazer and blind sniper like this.
  17. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

so.... if i go pvp i can hold much girls in prison just because?
    seems good.
    to bad girls in games are mostly just guys but there are some girls around here.....

18. slaticus

Dont get too crazy with that...

19. Anris

Anris Phantasmal Quasar

Except for trolls and griefers,since we all know they deserve worse...

20. Anris

Anris Phantasmal Quasar

Too late...a booty pirate is born:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.