Thunderstone

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by DNAY!, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Thunderstone?

1. YES

70.5%
  2. NO

3.8%
  3. DIE!!!

5.1%
  4. 7

20.5%
  1. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

"It was raining outside. No, it was storming!
    A bright flash, and another...
    A brighter flash, a loud thunder rolls. Lightning strikes."

"The next day the other researchers and me investigated the site where the lightning striked.
    We found weird blue stones on that spot. After we researched these stones, we discovered that a lot of energy was stored in the stones. Imagine what possibilities there are."

This stone, called Thunderstone, is rarely generated if lightning strikes stone (1-3% chance, patches of 5-8 stones.), it can only be mined if you wear non-conductive armor, otherwise you'll get a high-voltage shock and it can be used to make very strong energy weapons. But you will first want to make a Thunderstone generator, this device can be used to make more Thunderstone. It is made from 10 Thunderstones, some high-voltage wiring and some metal bars. It uses a lot of power and a normal stone to make a Thunderstone. It also takes 2-5 real life days to make 1 Thunderstone. There are a lot of other uses for Thunderstone:

1. Thor's hammer:
    This hammer is made from 2 Thunderstones. If you hit an enemy with this, there is a moderate chance it is hit by lightning.(20% chance if it's normal weather, 30% if it's raining and 45% if it's storming. The hammer is also thorwable (pun intended :giggle:) and will destroy a few blocks and do a moderate amount of damage where it lands.

2. Thunderstone Tesla coil:
    It works the same as normal Tesla coil, it's a placeable block that shoots rays of lightning at enemies. It has a better range and does more damage than normal Tesla coil. It needs a supply of electricity to work.

3. Thunderstone armor:
    Electricity will never harm you again! It also has a chance to shock enemies that touch you.

4. Electricity absorber:
    This gun can suck electricity out of machines, robots and ships to fill your energy meter.

5. Refiner:
    This doesn't need any Thunderstone to be made, but can be used to refine Thunderstone. It removes the small pieces of stone and metal out of the Thunderstone. It has a really small chance to destroy the Thunderstone in the process (1%) and an even smaller chance to leave an ore behind (0.1%). It creates one Refined Thunderstone per Thunderstone.

6. Thunderstone lithium:

You'll need one Refined Thunderstone and one lithium bar to make this, it is used to create the Thunderstone battery.

7. Thunderstone battery:
    It is crafted with one Thunderstone lithium and a very strong, non-conductive material. It can hold MASSIVE amounts of electricity, it can refill your energy bar 5 times(!) but it takes a hell lot of energy to refill.

8. Shock bombs:
    These will do a lot of damage to the surrounding creatures and will paralyze them for some time. The bombs can be made from Thunderstone or Refined Thunderstone, the refined version does more damage and paralyzes them longer.

9. Electrical landing:
    This is an accesoiry that replaces the normal teleport animation with a lightning strike, it also harms nearby creatures a little bit and it has a réééáálly small chance to create a Thunderstone if you spawn on stone. (0.001% chance.) The damaging is to add a little bit more than an animation, because it's made with Thunderstone, which is pretty rare.

10. Energy weapons:
    Because weapons will be randomly generated, i will not add a weapon. But i will say that Thunderstone makes very strong energy-based weapons.

11. Lightning summoner:
    This weapon is made from some rare metals, it uses Thunderstone as ammo. One Thunderstone can summon 20 lightning strikes, these strikes do high damage. There is also a small chance (0.1%) that one thunderstone spawns if the lightning strikes on stone. It doesn't use your energy meter because it uses the power inside the Thunderstone.

12. Lightning globe:
    This is just a snowglobe, but it storms in it.

13. Constant storm:
    This isn't really a craftable item. If there are more than 20 Thunderstone blocks in a biome, it will storm constantly in that biome.

14. Thunderstone brick:
    Just some bricks made out of Thunderstone. And if you look closely, you can see small lightning. Gives a small amount of light.

I will be adding more items later.
    Comment and discuss.

My company, Thunderming Inc, mines the Thunderstone from planet Blitz.
    Here's the link: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/thundermining-inc.11710/

The Thunderstone doesn't evolve Pikachu!

S7R1DER, Ricky150, Spybuster and 18 others like this.
  2. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

No comments?

3. Urist McDwarf

Urist McDwarf Void-Bound Voyager

Yay, a sugestion that is actually possible, and a interesting one, good job, you deserve a medal! I'm serious.

4. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

Sounds great!
    But I think that instead of a 35% chance of lightning hitting a mob while storming should be higher, so it's not 5% more than while it's just raining. Maybe 40%-50%.

5. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Okay, that´s a good idea!

6. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Thanks!! And do you play DF? Your avatar suggests that.

7. Urist McDwarf

Urist McDwarf Void-Bound Voyager

Yes

8. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Wonderful!!! Me too!!

9. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I couldn't figure it out, after reading each tutorial :(

10. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Poor guy, you're really missing something.

11. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I know, it seems really awesome.

12. linkunarre

linkunarre Phantasmal Quasar

so, cool stone right here! i like this idea very much! but, is it as simple to get? you should need a rubber armor, or so, because if you get too close, you get striked. It's my opinion.

13. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

A very awesome idea it seems has occurred to my devilish-like eyes...
    Now; Thunderstone is awesome, it is possible, includes Thor's Hammer ( I love the movies with Thor :D ), and you do not know how much I
    love tesla coils bro :)

14. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Thank you all for your appreciation, but do any of you have any ideas to add?

15. linkunarre

linkunarre Phantasmal Quasar

what about what i said? thinderstone can't be mined unless you have a "rubber armor" or something, because it shocks you if oyu get too close

16. Azazel

What linkunarre said... but then again, what about our other armour :p

17. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Oops! I forgot about that! I'll add it immediately!

18. Azazel

:) At last, well good luck with the suggestion, im off :p

19. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

You forgot an important feature of the Thunderstone though:

Allows Pikachu to evolve into Raichu and makes lightning shows that can clap the Super Mario Bros song!

[spoil] [/spoil]

linkunarre and That Guy like this.
  20. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

I love this idea and I've always thoroughly enjoyed using electricity, which might explain why I love playing infamous so much, so I would definitely use this in the game. I really hope that this gets put into the game. The Sorcerer approves :up:

I watched the video, then I clicked the one with all the 9-volt batteries in the related section. Despite the warnings the guy gave at the end, I'm still going to try this at home.