Modding Discussion The Lyxaris: A Race Mod for Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Hazanator, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hazanator

Hazanator Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

So, I started a thread on this already- but I had it locked because the original one was a bit messy. Here's a new one!

I condensed all of the information into a handy-dandy google doc which you can read here:

Bam!

I will update our development status in this post every now and again to let you guys know how it's going. I'd love to hear feedback and I want to know if anyone's interested, because I could really use a bit of encouragement! So if you're interested, if there's something you'd like to say, etc, don't hesitate to post here and let me know!

As a treat, too, here are a couple teasers of our armour, and an older mockup of our body sprites to give you an idea of body shape better in-game:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CURRENT STATUS:

Considering continuing. I dropped out of school relatively recently, so that, combined with Starbound updating faster than I wanted to keep up with and a drop in interest in the game, made me kind of turn away from the idea of continuing. However, I've recently gotten a bit of a second wind and I want to press forward. If you are willing to do one of these three things:

1. Help me add dialogue and other tedious, new items - nothing code intensive, but busywork.
    2. Help me code the more esoteric things, like palettes, the respawn animation and other such things.
    3. Sprite assets, such as blocks, items, armors, weapons, or even the ship.

Please, consider contacting me on my Skype, hazeraze, or add me on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gl-y-ph/

Both methods are preferable, but I'll be watching my PMs too.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. Hazanator

Update: Prodamn has returned and is settling in. We should have more progress upcoming.

3. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

Well by 50%.. Don't have my pc up yet or soonish..

4. Only_I

Only_I Space Hobo

I took a look at this at a whim yet when I took a look at the details and history of the Lyxaris I must say that I was blown away.

5. Hazanator

Thanks! It's pretty silent right now, and has been for quite a while. Our progress is still kind of halted as we wait on Prodamn to be ready to go again. I promise we're not dead! :V

6. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

Still gonna take a bit my pc is in the other place, though life happens. everything is kinda going up and down. Ace if you find the time go on with the armor sprites, i won't have the chance to do anything here for atleast another 2 weeks.

Or maybe you hazanator can find someone who can help out till I'm back. Still want to help you put these amazing lyxaris out there, even post release.

if there's a decent pixel artist out there reading this and you feel like filling in my place for a while, don't hassitate! Hazanator could really use another helpin' hand here!

Don't worry, those guys have everything, you won't depend on me sending you my work, ace packed up a good sample for me back then, and maybe just take a look at the stuff I've done.

Ace is also providing some amazing concept art to follow.

So yeah, prodamn over and out, till I'm back!

7. Hazanator

Thank you Prodamn.
    If there is someone out and about who wants to make this project go a lot easier that would be great.
    PM me or post on this forum and I can answer any questions you might have about the project and how things would go.

8. Hazanator

Bump! Still looking for help over here if anyone's interested.

9. fevian

fevian Industrial Terraformer

What sort of help are you looking for? I didn't see anything in the thread that clarified that, haha.

10. Hazanator

We're mainly looking for pixel art help in regards to making tiered weapons & armor. We have concept pictures, all we need is sprites at this point!

11. fevian

fevian Industrial Terraformer

Ah. Well, I don't believe I'll be able to help in that capacity. While I'm not a bad pixel artist, I have other projects I'm a part of and wouldn't be able to devote the time needed to output quality and timely work for you. I do look forward to seeing this progress though. Good luck!

12. Hazanator

Thanks!
    If you find anyone who can help, it would be appreciated if you direct them towards us. C:

13. Hazanator

Now that Prodamn is back and getting settled in we should be up and running again quite soon. We're stiiiill not dead quite yet, worry not, folks!

14. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

here have a sneak-peak of the tier 10 weapons, still all in early progress,
    the armor & weapon sets gonna take time, bare with me! that's a crapload of work!

[​IMG]

the sword it's probably going to reworked in the end.

some say, they look weak, some say they just fit perfect, for me, i always go with a minimalistic style,
    i'd rather have a slick design than a super duper overly exaggerated bulky looking pixel mess, called weapon. :p

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  15. Hazanator

We have someone working on a ship now!

16. Atheon

Atheon Orbital Explorer

Man, that document is... the description... AWESOME!!! Looking forward for this mod.
    Those armors are very well done, but the body sprites,the last two, just seem wrong somehow... Almost deformed I think...
    But great work overhaul!

17. Hazanator

Well! This is... unexpected, but Prodamn had to bail because he doesn't have the time anymore. So nooow we don't have anyone to do tiered armor or weapon sprites and we're back to square one. Thiiis is just great.[DOUBLEPOST=1409187883][/DOUBLEPOST]Even though our armor/weapons spriter has bailed we still have a really cool guy on the ship.

[​IMG][DOUBLEPOST=1409191705][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, here's the deal. We'll probably release with redone human armors and weapons until the big update. After that, we search for someone capable of doing it- maybe actually having the mod out would help in finding someone. V:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  18. Ursa

Ursa Void-Bound Voyager

I love them! Keep up the work and I can't wait to see and play them when you're ready to release :)

19. kissit123

kissit123 Big Damn Hero

This race looks super neato, and I'm looking forward to its completion.

20. Ursa

Ursa Void-Bound Voyager

Offering my help if its needed anywhere :)