Race The Anora

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Desolator, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

19.0%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. STARBOUND IS EPIC! Nuff said

71.4%
  1. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

History

(Cycle 0 - 192) - The time of birth

In the early years of the Anora, they were very simple minded creatures that were a race that did not evolve very much. They were merely small creatures that roamed their home planet, Heorada. it was merely a battle against each other to kill or be killed that spanned over a hundred cycles.

(Cycle 193 - 200) - The time of evolution

In the cycle 193, the nearby star Kagar began to give off large amounts of plasma. For the next 7 cycles the Anora's evolution and their evolutionary potential dramatically increased. The Anora began to appear to be a race with humanoid characteristics except they grew masks in order to cope with the pulsating plasma.

(Cycle 201 - 569) - The cycles of Technological Advancement

Over these hundreds of cycles, the Anora became less primitive and started to advance with technologies. Many colonies turned into large regions. One particular Anora rose up to become ruler of Heorada. She was known as Lady Telvasa. She wanted there to be no war between the 7 regions, so she created a group called "The Council of Peace" consisting of a selected member from each region and herself.

(Cycle 570 - 699) - The Kivexan Wars

A large group of Anorans whose name is "The Nivana" banded together against "The Council of Peace" and the 7 regions. They were angry because "The Council of Peace" made all of the decisions without the public's opinion. (This wasn't a democratic race at first) They then later killed Lady Telvasa at a public speaking. Unfortunately for the killer, he was caught attempting to assassinate another member of "The Council of Peace". This unfortunately started what was known as the Kivexan Wars. During this time, the council was disbanded, as most of the members were killed during the wars. The majority of the Anoran citizens fought against "The Nivana" to avenge the death of Lady Telvasa.

(Cycle 700 - 701) - The Kivexan Purge

Towards the end of the wars, another Anora rose up to become the new leader of Heorada. He was known as Sir Nivarda. He promised all the citizens of Heorada that "The Nivana" would be punshied according to their crimes. He then started what is now only known as the Kivexan Purge, wiping out the forces of "The Nivana" with his army, which is infamously known as "The Defilers". This continued to go on for around 1 cycle, wiping out Nivana forces until they were no longer a threat and most of them lay dead. Little does he know that there are still some pockets of Nivana forces, rebuilding their numbers slowly to this day.

(Cycle 702 - 978) - The time of Expansion

After the Kivexan Wars, the advancement of technology for the Anora further increased, creating more kinds of weapons. This was also the time when the Anora started to create spaceships and expand to different planets to colonize. They have had many encounters with other races. Forming relationships with some.

(Cycle 979 - 998) - The Battle for the Frozen Moon

The Anoran command ship, "Telvasa's Glory" (named after the first ruler) was the first Anoran military starship. During this time, the Anora had a fleet of starships consisting of over 150 ships. While they were on an expedition near a Frozen Moon, they had an encounter with a human fleet. The Anoran ambassador ship, "Heorada's Peace" attempted to make contact with the fleet. Only minutes after they first made contact, the ambassador ship was blown apart by the human fleet. This started what is now known as The Battle for the Frozen Moon. During this time, both fleets took massive casualties. The Anoran fleet eventually won and began to colonize the Frozen Moon. At the end of the long battle, The Anoran fleet only had their command ship, 2 battleships, 5 ambassador ships and 7 transport ships. The human fleet only had their batteship and 3 transport ships.

(Cycle 999 - Present) - ???

Not much has happened during this short time, only that the Anora kept on expanding. Their hatred towards humans increases each day after the Battle for the Frozen Moon

Biology

The Anora are a race with humanoid characteristics. They wear masks that resemble skulls that help them to breathe and live in a variety of environments. The life span of an Anoran is around 500 cycles. From birth to 30 cycles, they are considered youngling. From 31 cycles to 65 cycles they are considered to be teenagers, from 66 cycles to 143 cycles they are considered adults and 144 cycles and older are considered as elders. Any Anoran that lives over 500 cycles is consiered very lucky.

Relations - (Thorough the perspective of an Anoran)

Humans - We despise them! If you have the chance, kill them on sight! Leave none of them alive!
    Apex - We don't know anything about them...
    Floran - We don't want anything from them, they don't want anything from us. We're pretty much neutral.
    Hylotl - I think we have seen one or two of them on our expeditions...
    Glitch - They look pretty dangerous, Its best that you stay away from them!
    Novakid - They are a fascinating race for sure! They have what the "humans" call, western weapons. They also have a very short attention span. Maybe we can help them with that...
    Avian - Well, we have one thing in common, we both worship a previous/former ruler and believe that they are our god.

Technology

Anoran technology is very sleek, with black, gray, very dark blue and on some occasions, forest camo. The Nivana technology isn’t as sleek as Anoran technology. Their technology is a little bit more bulky than standard issue Anoran technology. Their technology comprises of very light brown colours, desert camo, forest camo and other army colours.
    (I don’t have any images yet but when I can make concept art of sprites, or get someone to do that, I will add them)

Culture

The Anoran culture is something that is not widely known. Some people only know of their diet. All other things about their culture are a complete mystery. The Anora are omnivores (they eat meat and plants, vegetation whatever you call it) and they grow and store their food just outside of cities. Surprisingly they only eat 2 meals a day, one in the morning and one at night. Due to the events prior to and during the Kivexan War, the Anora are now a democratic race, to avoid the events prior to and during the Kivexan War occuring again.

Beliefs

It is believed that the Anora worship Lady Telvasa, Heorada’s first ruler. They all worship her because without her, the Anora would be nothing. She was their savior from their own destruction and demise.

Sprites

(I don’t have any images yet but when I can make concept art or sprites, or get someone to do that, I will add them)

Concept Art

(I don’t have any images yet but when I can make concept art or sprites, or get someone to do that, I will add them)

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Facethelight

Facethelight Existential Complex

You have a lot of info here and such, but I suggest you wait and try and complete more of it before submitting the idea, as i don't even know what they look like, which is a big part of the races.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'll need to see more (including the all-important physical description) before I can really decide on whether or not I like this. The history sounds OK so far.

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  5. Desolator

Author's Note - PLEASE READ

As I am currently busy, I will unfortunately be leaving large gaps in this thread. I will get around doing some parts every few days. So I don't want people saying that I need to do something which I haven't yet started on. Don't state the obvious, it makes you look stupid. Like I said, I will eventually get around to doing what you want me to do. That's all for now.

6. Facethelight

I understand that, but the main point is you should save all of the info in a document and work on it when you can, and submit the idea somewhat around half way through atleast, otherwise you won't get the point across at all. If you're busy, and only submit a tenth of the idea, no one will go for it.

WPBloodwolf and Model QT-377665 like this.
  7. Desolator

UPDATE: 8/3/2013

I have just finished the history and the biology of the Anora:)
    Also have done some work on relations with other races.:)
    Remember to follow this thread for further updates!

Yeah but I have already done some work on it and its kinda pointless to stop, finish it and then repost

8. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

You don't need to repost. In fact, reposting the same idea twice is bad form - it cripples you because any positive votes you've recieved on the suggestion page would not count for the new thread.

You simply need to put the thread on hold until you have more of the race worked out. Continue working in private, and then when you have the bulk of the race's information ready to go, edit your initial post and bump the thread. Showing us a horribly-incomplete fragmentary idea will not earn you much support.

9. Desolator

How do I do that? Also the last sentence wasn't called for dude.

IMPORTANT:

Due to popular demand, I will be putting this thread on hold until I have finished it.

BUMP: UPDATED THREAD

I have finished pretty much everything that everyone wants. I still need to do sprites and concept art which I'm trying to get someone to do or do myself. If you can help, PM me

I have finished everything that everyone wanted me to do. I am in the process of trying to do sprites and concept art or getting someone else to do it. If you can help, PM me;)

10. Facethelight

Well, its sounding much better, but whats with those races, i have no idea what those races are other than the human one...

11. Desolator

They are races made by other people. ALL credit goes to the creators of these races. I DO NOT own any of the races listed above except The Anora, which I have made.:cautious:

12. Facethelight

You should probably work on the races that are actually confirmed to be in the game rather than the ones that are suggestions

13. Desolator

Ok, doing that now.

14. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

Certainly sounds interesting, and I'll be bookmarking this thread for future reference.
    Can't really make a decision until I've seen the completed thread, however.
    ]I have high hopes for this race and I hope it goes well for you.

15. Desolator

Thanks! When you want to see a completed thread, do you mean that I add all the Images?

16. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

Yeah, I basically mean when the thread is 100% done. Idea's finalized, pictures are added, etc, etc. Basically, when you feel you have nothing left to add to the topic I'll swing back around and check it out.

17. Desolator

Ok If you know how to make sprites or concept art or know someone else who can then please tell me!

Also, why am I getting down-voted? Its original, its new, I have done EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING the community has asked me to do! I have finished the post, I have edited it! I have done EVERYTHING humanely possible! Then why am I STILL getting down-voted? If this is about the lack of sprites and concept art, then that's already been said. If this is still bothering you, then tell me either how to do it, or tell me about someone else who is willing to do it.

18. Desolator

19. Desolator

Bump #2! Be sure to read the updated post. I will have images soon enough!

20. Desolator

Getting a spriter/graphic designer soon! We'll nearly have it done! Now I just need to know how to make spoilers and put images in. Ahh who cares? I'll just go look in FAQ see what they have.