Tech Based Pods - Bosses and Challenges

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Dynafols, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I'll be quite honest, I didn't really know where to put this. This could be in the Mob section... but it also focuses on a new "Item" in the game, as well as how the game is played as a whole... so I went with the last part of that and put it here.

My suggestion to this game is to add randomly generated simulation or teleporter pods into the game that requires specific tech to enter them. Once you enter the said pod, you are teleported (or simulated) into an arena against a boss which must be defeated using the said tech required to enter the pod to begin with.
    These pods aren't limited solely to bosses either, some are also obstacle courses or challenges which focus on the tech.

This will give the player more to explore and look for, mystery and wonder. "What boss could this possibly be?" Or if they never found one before "I need tech to unlock this? I will remember this place and uncover the secrets".
    This will also give some underused tech more light.
    This will also allow the community to attempt to create their own challenges which can be implemented into the pods in future updates.

Notes:
    -Some pods may require more than 1 tech (If they ever allow us to use more than 1 in the future).
    -Some pods may be found above ground, some may be found in dungeons (possibly the pod is a reward).
    -Some pods may not require any tech at all (boss focusing on mechanics already in the game that doesn't require tech).
    -Some pods may require the same tech but have different bosses.
    -Some pods may give you very specific items to use (while restricting others (and returning all items at the end of the battle).
    -Some pods may be the very same boss but of a higher difficulty (possibly determined based on color of said pod).
    -Pod Bosses / Challenges should hopefully be related to the biome the pod was found in.
    -Pod Bosses do not replace normal world bosses.
    -Some Pods may possibly be broken and need repair before they can be used.
    -It could be possible to rewire certain pods to have at home simulation bosses.
    -Some Pods are linked to the internet and have high scores on them (fastest kill, etc).
    -There are undefined rewards for completing these challenges.
    -Pods come in multiple colors.

Russy likes this.
  2. Dynafols

(Totally don't wanna do this) Bump.

3. Russy

Russy Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this idea, it would be cool to have obstacle courses that would limit the tech you could use, also being able to build your own would be pretty fun :)

4. Dynafols

I would love to see player made Tech Pods. It'd be like mini-adventure/custom maps in game.

5. Dynafols

Bump... I'm sorry I don't have a bunch of colorful pictures!