Suggestion :: World Generation :: Please Leave Feedback!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Game³oid, Jan 17, 2014.

?

Whats your favourite? (Pick more then one!)

1. Factory

100.0%
  2. Bunker

80.0%
  3. Building Site

20.0%
  4. Bioshock

40.0%
  5. Zombie Inefected

20.0%
  6. Human Gang Hangouts

60.0%
  7. Apex Research Camps

20.0%
  1. Game³oid

Game³oid Big Damn Hero

[​IMG] World Generation[​IMG]
    I was thinking that most the worlds are boring in fact there all the same in many ways I thought of a few ideas for spicing up world generation.

My Ideas

These buildings would have either human or apex in them.The blocks could be made out of rusting metals or new metals and it would have tons of tech and other good materials but the chance of finding them could be 8% out of 100 because they would have soo many valuable items! They would be protected by guards

Bunkers could have decorative items inside them also they could be triple the size of the ship. You can find these anywhere in the snow, forest, jungle, moon. Inside NPC (peaceful) will be living there is a chance of having aggressive NPCs.

This place would be a large building site with tons of crates with dirt, stone, iron, maybe rare items im them! Also as its a building site maybe half-finished building sites holes and concrete pillars!

This could be a thing here are some images that would help with imaging it
    Image1
    Image2
    Image3
    On image 2 you can see there in front of you if you never played Bioshock is "Big Daddy" I think that would be a nice NPC boss to include!
    On image 3 as you can see the floor is slowly flooding there could be like 0.5 - 2.5 blocks of water there!

some other mobs here!
    NPC1
    NPC2

Many people have mentioned zombies but I think a city planet with a zombie infection would be nice!

Gangs which are living in rusting / ruined buildings or labs there usealy in groups of 4 - 7 and have powerful weapons and if your lucky the gang isn't there can you can steal the cool loot! Which could be hats, costumes, stims, and cool furniture imported by the gangs! (maybe have graffiti)

The apex have found something new and when to protect it while they experiment on it. What this is place will to look like a excavation site but with protection from apex experiments / guards. Few tents

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!

Hope you like this new cleaner layout:up:
    I will be updating these ideas in the months & weeks to come when I get more ideas:up:

:chucklefish: Game³oid :chucklefish:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Alaster and Sgt_Hankey like this.
  2. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Factory and Bunker seem the most interesting, but honestly you could do with a few more ideas, perhaps a sky city, or relay station.

Game³oid likes this.
  3. Game³oid

Game³oid Big Damn Hero

Thank You for those suggestions ill add them in the future

Elate likes this.
  4. Sgt_Hankey

Sgt_Hankey Request for Urgent Business Relationship

Alright mate, I'll try and go easy on you with my critique :p

Bioshock City: Weeeeell, I don't think it would be legal to directly steal it (Though you probably meant only to be inspired by it). Besides, the Hylotl are going to have underwater cities. :)

Zombie Infected Planet: Hm, not so sure about this one. Could you perhaps give more info on how you want the zombies and the zombie-disease to behave?
    I assume that the planets will be a ruined urban environment, could be cool anyway with abandoned / Ruined urban cities. Be they biome or 'dungeons'.
    Factories and Bunkers seem like cool ideas, though I think you're being rather discriminating saying only Apex and Human factories should be there. :fireball:

Building sites: Realistic, but wouldn't really have a function. Might look cool, though. There'd better be cranes (Cosmetic).

Human Gang hangouts: Already a few in the game, but more wouldn't be bad.

Apex Research camp: To be honest, take the current excavation site, fill it with Apex, and Done.
    I never liked the Excavation sites.

Game³oid likes this.
  5. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Just so you know, I might actually make a relay station-esque mini-dungeon. Seems like it might be interesting, though I'd have to learn how to do that too.

Sgt_Hankey likes this.
  6. Game³oid

Game³oid Big Damn Hero

Im currenty trying to build bunkers for other races!

Sgt_Hankey likes this.