1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed (Fixed)Stuck on the first planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Seppe, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seppe

Seppe Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not sure if bug/issue reports from nightly are welcome, but this looks like something that can very well happen in the stable builds, so here goes.

When beaming down to the first planet on a fresh character, I found myself inside a dungeon with no easy way out besides painful matter reorganization (which I, and probably all of us, don't have patience for). Here are some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    This is right after beaming down.
    [​IMG]
    Some more screens in case they help.
    [​IMG]
    The dungeon keeps going down by interacting with one of the shackles.

Also, when returning to the ship by suicide, the planet was 'gone'; only the background though, you can still beam down to the same entrance of that dungeon.
    [​IMG]

So yeah, that's it. Hope I didn't break any forum rules or anything and this helps :)

2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Nightly builds. Why.

Dude, you were warned that nightly versions are broken, and there is nothing to do with it. Why report a bug, when it's well known and devs will fix it in the next update?

3. It hasn't been posted on these boards before, so it doesn't hurt to just report it.

@Seppe there's really nothing you can do to fix your character though, you'll just have to make a new one.

EDIT: Wait, why is it a Delta planet if that character is fresh?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. Seppe

Seppe Aquatic Astronaut

I play nightly builds, I don't care at all about one character, just thought I might point it out since it seems a really random but game breaking bug.
    About it being Delta, I just assumed it was a nightly thing.

5. hehehe #justnightlythings

Yeah, I'm sure it'll get fixed, someone else also reported the problem.

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

It looks like an unfinished dungeon one of the devs was working on. It might be part of progression.
    Because the sectors are no longer in the game, and delta can be part of a planet's name.

Shark likes this.
  7. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

It appears that dungeon is a sort of ''Tutorial Level'' that's been added lately. It seems to show off on every Forest with Mushroom Patch planets (most of them are lvl 1) I've landed on. And also, it's sort of nice to see a dungeon with wired switches and plataforms; dungeons would be much more fun if they had more of that.

Shark likes this.
  8. Oh that's actually really cool.

9. Seppe

Seppe Aquatic Astronaut

Cool and helpful, looks like it wasn't a bug after all :)

10. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beat the dungeona and you can escape!, (however the exit of the dungeon is just a giant dome..), yeah i beat it, and it was fun as heck.

Its just anightly thing :p

(activate the crystal and the hidden door on the other side will open, (the dungeon itself is HUGE)

11. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I expect that, somehow, they script those dungeons to show ONLY on the starter planet, and not on any other planets with the same biome and threat level. Because, man, it would be a total hassle if we had to go thru it every time we landed on a planet like those.

12. Betioux

Betioux Void-Bound Voyager

after that I have another issue.... After I beat the dungeon, and get out my matter manipulator, it seems to only break background blocks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.