StarPlotting - Great Writers to Interact and Help -

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Ghostcrawler, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Ghostcrawler

Ghostcrawler Astral Cartographer

This thread is very similar to PlotBin on the Terraria Forums, this will help people to decide on a plot or help people with their problems in story writing.
    The game is not yet released so maybe plots wont be easy to think of. This community might not consist that much of writers or at least 'good' ones but you can hope there will be someone to reply.

All ideas must be appropriate and relating to Starbound, sensible suggestions, maybe not all the time but the majority, have fun discussing!

Idea Section:
    1. You wake up in space, yet not on a planet, it's a star! How will you survive...? - Blaze

2. Your ship has recently crashed on a planet, it is full of insects and deadly animals, you are accompanied with the captain of the ship and hope to survive in this planet and find a way back home... - Blaze

3. What is this, you are surrounded by foreign tribesmen, they lead you to the land of Gods, yet is it really supposedly the land of Gods or the land of Death? - Blaze

4. You are a millionaire scientist, when an experiment goes on, wild creatures escape of into planets, will you be able to kill them in time? - Blaze

5. You wake up, on a vast plain. A little black lizard-your pet-is sitting on your torso, and is staring at you with beady red eyes. Some dangerous looking bandits have been moving closer to you for some time now. What will you do? - H-Alo

6. A space station has been infected by a zombie-like virus, and the survivors have to fight their way out. - nababoo

7. The remnants of a cult worshiping technology has captured you and replaced parts of you with mechanical parts. Will you survive and escape, or will you be forced into a robotic body, unable to ever escape your fate?
    An unknown substance has landed on your planet and is slowly consuming it, each day growing larger. Will you escape while you still have the chance, stay behind to find a way to stop it, or be eaten by the very thing you were trying to stop? - King Toad

8. Due to various circumstances you are trapped on a planet with only the weapons on your back and an old journal from a long dead relative/person. Unbeknownst to you, the seemingly peaceful planet is crawling with creatures ready to pounce on you and kill you. - King Toad

9. A deadly virus has been discovered on your space station and you are one of the few who weren't infected. The others beg you to go find them a cure and return before its too late. Unknown to you, the virus is much worse than you thought and your body is carrying a dormant version of it. Will you find the cure and save yourself, or will you spread the virus you never wanted toe escape? Only time shall tell. - King Toad
    Various groups of alien lifeforms have created an intergalactic tournament, pitting every species against each other and you are the (un)lucky participant for the first time it is allowing your race. Underneath the whole tournament, a group of less than honorable people take the loser's bodies and sell their parts to the highest bidder. Will you become yet another victim of them, or will you somehow win and escape with your life? Only fate shall know for certain. - King Toad

10. You are part of a less than desirable group of alien scum and have recently been marked as the murderers of various planets' leaders. The only way to escape being killed in a month is to find the real killer and prove they did it. Seems fairly easy right? Wrong, the whole galaxy is against you being proved innocent and are willing to do anything to stop you from escaping your inevitable death. - King Toad

11. You find yourself hanging from a tree. As you slowly look around, you see people dressed in what seems to be villager's clothing. You know you don't belong, but you don't know how you got yourself hanging from a tree. As you look at your watch you catch sight of a strange rune on your hand. You wonder what it is, as a villager sets fire to the tree. What's next? - H-Alo

12. You have found out your best friend works for an organization called Scheme, and that Scheme works to keep order and peace in the criminal underworld. He recruits you into their ranks for your martial arts/street-fighting skills. What happens next? - H-Alo

13. You wake up on a large, crystal-white plain. Everything is white, don't matter the direction you look, except for that humongous building right in front of you. You look, and see that the portal is one side an angel, and the other side a demon. That's the purgatory. You knock the door, and it opens. Then you enter it. When you're called, the judge says you will be judged for your past life. You say you don't remember nothing at all, The judge looks sharply at you, sees you're talking the truth, and decides what will you do then. He says: "You shall start a new life, somewhere, and you will be able to do anything you desire. Only then, I will be able to judge you. You'll get a direct mind link to this little machine here in my desk. It will record everything you do, say or think. You cannot evade. As for I am the Lenient Lawyer of Life. Go, and live." You are flinged off the building, to the space, and lands on a planet. Now, it's your choice. What will you do? - Casimir VanKrieg

14. You land on a planet, full of criminals and large gangs. They all know you from the past, they will remember you if they catch you and torture you for all your life. You must stay cover in the shadows and be... undetected... - Undetected

AyeAye13 and nababoo like this.
  2. Whitepixel

Whitepixel Void-Bound Voyager

This is great!
    I have an idea:
    You wake up in space yet not on a planet, it's a star. How will you survive on this strange star?

There will have to be some sort of person who eventually saves him and brings him along to a planet.

3. Ghostcrawler

Great Idea! I'll be sure to put that on the thread.

4. Whitepixel

Thanks.

I might as well post a few ideas so there can be backups for people.

Idea #2:
    Your ship has recently crashed on an island, it is full of insects and deadly animals, you are accompanied with the captain of the ship and hope to find a way to live in this planet and return back home.

5. Ghostcrawler

Another decent idea, now let's put this in the thread! It is a good idea to have a few ideas at the start, just in case.

EDIT: I edited the plot a bit, do you want it as normal or my one?

6. Whitepixel

I like the changed style, thanks.

Idea #3:
    What is this, you are surrounded by foreign tribesmen, they lead you to the land of Gods, yet is it really supposedly the land of Gods, or the land of Death?

7. Ghostcrawler

That would be a scary planet to go to, I think. I like this one the best, thanks!

8. Whitepixel

One more because I can!

Idea #4:
    You are a millionaire scientist, when an experiment goes on, wild creatures escape of into planets, will you be able to kill them in time?

9. Ghostcrawler

That is brilliant, I am clapping in front of my computer screen, I think I remember reading something similar to this idea, nonetheless, it is awesome!

EDIT: I have changed the plots so they have the creator's name, just to show a little bit of credit.

10. Whitepixel

Good thinking Ghost. Well that's my ideas for now. I hope more people contribute to this.

11. Ghostcrawler

I might give an idea soon or later, I hope more people do as well.

12. Whitepixel

You will probably think of a good one. ;)

13. Ghostcrawler

Aw, thanks. I kind of disagree, I suck at plots.

14. Whitepixel

Here we are, the first bit of help in this thread! Plots weren't so easy when I started writing but they can get really easy. What I do is think of an idea and experiment, if I don't like it I re-do the process.

15. Ghostcrawler

Thank your for providing me with help, I'll certainly take that idea into consideration, next time I write I'll give it a go.

16. Plots can be made when you think of something epic.

Well, a story that's a kinda prequel to the Starbound story. Perhaps a dying planet? Environment disaster? So many possibilities.

It's also nice to see the TO and SB writing communities cross-fertilize each other :3

Ghostcrawler likes this.
  17. Ghostcrawler

Thanks nababoo. :)

18. Pretty generic, but someone has to write it :)

A space station has been infected by a zombie-like virus, and the survivors have to fight their way out.

19. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

1. The remnants of a cult worshiping technology has captured you and replaced parts of you with mechanical parts. Will you survive and escape, or will you be forced into a robotic body, unable to ever escape your fate?
    2. An unknown substance has landed on your planet and is slowly consuming it, each day growing larger. Will you escape while you still have the chance, stay behind to find a way to stop it, or be eaten by the very thing you were trying to stop?
    3. Due to various circumstances you are trapped on a planet with only the weapons on your back and an old journal from a long dead relative/person. Unbeknownst to you, the seemingly peaceful planet is crawling with creatures ready to pounce on you and kill you.
    4. A deadly virus has been discovered on your space station and you are one of the few who weren't infected. The others beg you to go find them a cure and return before its too late. Unknown to you, the virus is much worse than you thought and your body is carrying a dormant version of it. Will you find the cure and save yourself, or will you spread the virus you never wanted to escape? Only time shall tell.
    5. Various groups of alien lifeforms have created an intergalactic tournament, pitting every species against each other and you are the (un)lucky participant for the first time it is allowing your race. Underneath the whole tournament, a group of less than honorable people take the loser's bodies and sell their parts to the highest bidder. Will you become yet another victim of them, or will you somehow win and escape with your life? Only fate shall know for certain.
    6. You are part of a less than desirable group of alien scum and have recently been marked as the murderers of various planets' leaders. The only way to escape being killed in a month is to find the real killer and prove they did it. Seems fairly easy right? Wrong, the whole galaxy is against you being proved innocent and are willing to do anything to stop you from escaping your inevitable death.

20. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

you are an evil alien parasite, aiming to take control of a planet by progressively taking control of its leaders.

nababoo likes this.